Chapter Seven

Hey guys! I'm really sorry to any readers out there who were enjoying my book so far. I know I haven't updated in forever but I've kind of went through a lot this past year or so. I also wasn't quite sure what to make of this story and I had doubts about it...but it's summer now and I've decided to run with it and see what happens! I will be trying my hardest to keep writing this story and I might even start a new one, who knows :) As of now, this is the next chapter of the story that I had actually written quite a while ago but I've finally decided to upload it now. Also, I'm sorry about this short chapter! I promise to write longer ones from now on! I also apologize for the long author's note but I felt it was necessary since I've been gone for so long.

Please tell me your opinions on the story and any thoughts you may have! It really means a lot and I hope you enjoy! :)

It was weird. Suddenly after I knew that I could trust Jace, it was as if some spell was released. The panic of trying to get out of this place disappeared and I no longer felt threatened, in fact I felt safe. Also, I finally realized what position I was in. Him on top of me.

            My breaths coming in shallow bursts, I noticed that Jace’s gorgeous face was only inches away from mine. I could feel the heat of his body transferring through the thin t-shirt I was wearing. Flushing, I cleared my throat nervously.

            “Ahem, I believe you can get off me now. I promise I won’t try to attack you again.”

            “Of course.” Jace instantly slipped off me. Standing beside the bed, he ran his hand through his disheveled brown hair.

            Sitting up and facing him, I said “Thank you. For saving me.” I looked directly into his gray eyes with my amber brown ones. Feeling my heart jump a little, I stared into his intense gaze.

            “No problem. Other than your injuries and the whole passing out thing, it didn’t look like you needed any help.” He said with a slight smile.

            “Yeah, right,” I said sarcastically, “But seriously, thank you.”

            Standing still, I smiled happily and looked over at Jace. Only to find out that he wasn’t looking back at me. Rather, he was looking at me, but not at my face. Following his gaze, I realized he was staring at my legs. Blushing furiously, I shifted uncomfortably as I remembered I was only wearing Jace’s t-shirt.

            Snapping his eyes up, he looked at me, a guarded expression on his face. He folded his arms over his chest. “How’s your stomach?” He asked.

            Oh that. I had forgotten all about that because of all the events that just transpired. Reaching up, I tenderly felt my midsection. I let out a surprised gasp as I felt bandages around my injury.

            I met Jace’s eyes. “Did you do this?”

            He nodded.

            “Oh wow, thanks.” I managed to get out. However, inside I was freaking out. Did that mean he had to take off my clothes? I thought, horrified. Obviously, I answered myself immediately, seeing as I was wearing his clothes.

            “Don’t worry. I didn’t peek.”

            My mouth dropped open and I searched Jace’s face. However, he was completely serious. No trace of jesting in his expression.

            Trying to distract myself from the sudden awkward feeling between us, I reached into my t-shirt, or rather Jace’s t-shirt, and slowly started to unwrap my bandages. Seeing my actions, Jace turned around to give me some privacy.

            I hissed as the bandage pulled on my skin painfully. Lifting the cotton shirt up, I stared wide-eyed at my stomach.

            The skin was completely smooth and perfect, no sign at all of any of the horrific injuries caused by the wereliph’s claws. I ran my right hand over my midsection in wonder.

            Suddenly reminded, I remembered that I had many more injuries other than the one on my stomach. Reaching up to my head, I tried feeling for the bump that would surely be there because I had hit my head multiple times last night. My mouth opened in shock as I felt nothing, not even pain.

            Slightly panicking now, I examined my legs for any scratches that I was sure I had gotten while fighting the wereliph. Nope, my legs were normal, as if nothing had happened to them.  Breathing quickly, I stretched my entire body. I felt nothing but slight aches and soreness.

            “Umm, Jace? I think I have a problem here.” I nervously drew his attention.

            Turning back to me, Jace’s expression was unreadable as I explained what I had just noticed about my body.

            “Hmm. I’ve never heard of anything happening like that. At least without the help of a healer.” He mussed, his eyes narrowed in thought.

            “Are you sure you didn’t try to heal me?” I asked hopefully. I didn’t want to be some kind of freak.

            He shook his head. He turned his gaze to me, completely serious, “My advice? Don’t tell anyone else about this yet. Not until you know more.”

            I nodded but inside, I felt a twinge of fear. What does this mean?

            “I know that this isn’t something that is linked with any skill. Not shape-shifter, warrior, or magic user…” Jace trailed off in thought. Suddenly as if realizing something, Jace took a step towards me.

            Looking curiously at him, I tilted my head questioningly.

            Jace spoke. “Have you found out your skill yet?”

            I shook my head sadly in denial.

            “Then how did you…” Unexpectedly, I saw a spark flash across his eyes. I took a step back instinctively. “Does your academy teach fighting?” He asked.

            “Yes, but the basics are taught this year. So obviously, I haven’t started training at all yet.”

            Jace nodded his head as if some decision was made. I lifted an eyebrow in question. However, that was all I was able to do before Jace instantly closed the distance between us in two swift strides, moving towards me with scary speed.