Chapter One

Hi! I'm new to Wattpad and this is my first ever story! Please read it and let me know what you think! :) This is dedicated to BrownieSundae because she was the first to comment!

                   "Good morning! Good morning! It's time to wake up! WAKE UP!"

               Groaning, I roll over to the right side of my bed and slap my hand on my alarm clock. Rubbing my eyes, I ponder the idea of smashing the cute, little, Hello Kitty clock to smithereens with a hammer.      

               Glaring at the thing that had caused me to wake up, I put all of my hate into my gaze. Then I wait, trapped in a staring contest with my alarm clock. However, Hello Kitty stared at me blankly, no guilt at all in it's expression.

                  "Aghh!"

                  I throw my covers off of me and climb out of my bed, accepting defeat. Moving like a zombie, I hobble off towards my bathroom and closed the pink door behind me. I turn on the shower and wiggle out of my pajamas.

                As I step into the warm water, I sigh, putting my face right into the stream of water. This is more like it, I thought, feeling my mood lift. Slowly, I let my thoughts drift towards school. I wonder if anybody's going to turn me into a frog today. Hope not. I grimace. At least not on the first day.

               Ten minutes later, I come out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel with the scent of lilies wafting around me. "Okay, let's get down to business," I say to myself, "What to wear for a first day of school."

                 Opening my closet I stare into the space. Chewing my bottom lip, I muse over my options, mentally tossing outfits away. Suddenly the sound of music fills my room. Startled, I jump, before realizing that it was my ring tone. Grinning, I reach for my phone, listening as "Hit and Run" plays. I love that song.

                "Oh my gosh, Nikki! Listen to me, okay? You have to wear that red top I got you. Wear it or else."

               Slapping my hand to my forehead, I grimace.

             "First of all, could you stop screaming in my ear, Ellie? You're going to give me a headache.And secondly, why do you want me to wear that?" I demanded. Ellie had forced me to get the shirt at our recent trip to the mall.

             "Because you look good in it." She replied simply. "And don't say that 'I can't wear it because it's off the shoulders'" she mimics my voice. " Don't be a wimp!"

            Exasperated, I roll my eyes, "Fine, Ellie!"

               "Awesome! I'll see you soon!" She hangs up.

                 Sighing, I toss my phone onto my bed. Rummaging in my closet, I pull out the red top my best friend had mentioned. Glaring at it, I slip it on. It left both my shoulders bare. Why do I have to do this? I plucked uncomfortably at the shirt. Looking at myself in the mirror, I plastered a big, fake smile on my face and gave myself a cheesy thumbs up. Ugh.

                After putting on jeans and running a brush through my hair, I turn away from the mirror and grab my phone from my bed. Sliding the backpack onto my shoulders, I run out of my room and down the stairs.

              "Hey, mom" I say as I walk into the kitchen. I hop onto a stool, letting my backpack drop next to me.

               "Good morning, sweetie," my mom says with a bright smile, "Eat up, you've got a big day ahead of you." She continues as she pushes a plate of eggs and bacon across the counter.

                   "Thanks, mom!" I smile as I cheerfully dig in. This was good stuff, I think as I devour the food. My mom looks at me with an amused smile.

                       Raising my fork to my mouth, I try to think about all the worst case scenarios that could happen on the first day back to school. Shrugging, I decide that my junior year will probably be pretty normal. As normal as its going to get, at least. With Adelaide Academy, you never know.

                    "Well, I'll see you later, mom." I say as the last of my breakfast was eaten. I bend down to grab my backpack off the floor.

                      "Bye, have a good day, honey!" My mom waves goodbye at me while cooking some more eggs for my dad. I wave back as I head out the door. Not for the first time, I wish I had inherited my mother's curling, golden locks instead of my father's ink dark hair. Smiling to myself, I shook my head. It didn't matter, you get stuck with what you get, right?

                   Locking the front door, I walk down the steps towards my car. My heart thumped as I gave my sleek, red car a loving look.

                   "Hey Nikki! Wonder what your boyfriend will say when he catches you looking at your car like that!" says an amused voice.

                     Blushing I glance up and see a cute, blond guy laughing at me.

                  "I don't have one and besides this car is my baby." Desperately I tried to hide my blush, looking with great interest at a dandelion on the lawn.

                  "Just teasing!" He winks, noticing my cheeks. "The boys at your school have no chance while that car is in your sight." He chuckles.

                   Tom had moved here this summer and was staying with his friend next door while they both went to a normal college nearby.

                "You're funny." I said, loading my voice with sarcasm. Though I didn't really mind his teasing since he was like the older brother I never had.

                  "Anyways, I'll let you get to that fancy school of your's now." grinned Tom.

                 "Haha. Thanks." I smile back and get in the car, waving through the window as I drove away. Tom didn't know about me, I thought, and its better that it stays that way.

 Thanks for reading! And I'm sorry if it was short but I'm not used to writing stories that aren't for school! Please commment and let me know if you liked it! :)

                                             -Vivian <3