¹⁰, ROMEO, OH, ROMEO. . . OH, BOY

Start from the beginning

  "No you don't," Charlie denied as the bell rang, her remark sending Jess quickly following her down the hall.

  "What do you mean? I know you, you eat strawberry frosted donuts and coffee with sugar every morning, you sit on the bridge a lot and write songs on the steps in front of the diner."

  "So you know some stuff I like." Charlie smiled faintly up at him, something mischievous in her eyes. "But, you don't know me."

  "I'm going to!" Jess yelled as she walked away.

  "I hope so, Mariano!"

  Rory was in the midst of a freakout, her Romeo and Juliet group, that consisted of not only Paris Geller but Tristan Dugray, was practicing at Ms. Patty's. Of course, Rory hadn't told Dean about when she kissed Tristan so now there was a panic about them being in the same town. Lorelai kind of reassured Rory, but when their mother left she turned to Charlie.

  "You're coming with me."

  "What? No, I am not," Charlie sputtered, "I don't want to be around your rich friends."

  "I need a buffer," Rory whined, "Please? They'll love you— Tristan already likes you a little too much."

  This much was true, as when Tristan heard tales the twin Rory Gilmore had, he delved in to know so much more. What truly caught his eye was the faded photo Rory had shoved as a boomark in her novel, and from then on out Tristan decided to taunt Rory ever so gently with the idea that, maybe, Charlie was his soulmate.

  Without ever actually meeting the girl, of course.

  "If I go. . ." Charlie pointed her finger at her sister whose excitement was already larger than her being, "We have to go to Luke's tonight."

  "Deal!"

  Charlie had decided rather instant if she was sitting through Romeo and Juliet practice with the kids of Chilton, she was going to get snacks.

  "Dean," Charlie grinned as she approached the boy, "Long time no see."

  Dean laughed pulling her into a short hug, "We don't hang out anymore."

  "Well you're the one who went and started dating my sister," Charlie jokingly narrowed her eyes at the boy.

  "Hey, Rory's a great girlfriend."

  "My ears!" Charlie clapped her hands over her ears, causing Dean to roll his eyes as he turned back to stock the shelves.

  "Excuse me, stock boy." The duo turned to see none other than the blond devil himself, Tristan Dugray, stroll towards them, "Could you tell me where I could find the shortening?" Dean stood fully now, glaring easily at the blond. "Now, that is a fine looking apron, I mean really sensational."

  "What are you doing here?"

  "Dean—"

  "Well, to be honest, there's something I wanted to ask you," Tristan pulled two different brands of flour off the shelf, "In your professional opinion which one of these would make my cakes fluffier?"

  "You drove all the way out here just to be a jerk." Dean shook his head, "There aren't enough people that can't stand you in Hartford?"

  "Dean," Charlie repeated quietly, feeling a slight wave of panic wash over her, "Guys knock it off."

  "Oh no, I'm here for Rory," Tristan smirked lightly at Charlie who only glared at him. Dean let out a short, 'what' at this revelation, "Yeah the play, 'Romeo and Juliet'? I'm Romeo, she's Juliet. Come on, she must have told you. She did tell you, didn't she?"