Epiloge

EPILOGE

OR SHOULD I SAY EPIC-LOG

No that was awful

Who says epic anymore you’re in year 11.

Stop. What are you doing with your life?

*************************

TEN YEARS LATER

JAI’S POV

“He’s just pleased to see you” I told my fiancé Ariana (I know but they were just so perfect together don’t hate me) as I passed her a tissue. (When I wrote this they weren’t going out btw)

“Please take him” She said, and I took our three month old son Jonah from her.

“Come on” I said leading her through the airport to the car. When we got in the car I put her suitcase in the boot and then strapped Jonah in the back. I got in the driver’s seat and got a packet of tissues out and passed them to Ariana to get the sick off her.

“That was so embarrassing” She said but she was slightly laughing.

“Like I said, he was pleased to see you, he was showing his love”

“By vomiting on me?”She asked

“Just the perks of having a child” I said and put my seatbelt on.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t change it.” She put her seatbelt on but then turned round and held Jonah’s tiny hand

“I missed you so much baby” She said to Jonah.

“I missed you too” I said as I pulled out of the airport.

“Not you, him” She argued as she hit me.

“You didn’t miss me?” I asked faking an upset voice

“Of course I did” She said turning back round.

“How was he?” She asked

“Fine, we did a bit of bonding, had a few pints together and other things”

“You’re joking right”

“Of course I am, why would I give a three month old beer?” I asked

“This is coming from the man that wanted to call our son Predator?” She asked

“That would be such a good name, think about it. Predator Brooks, he’d get all the girls”

I heard her trying to stifle her giggles.

“Made you laugh I win” 

“You are so immature”

“You missed it”

“You know it”

“So, how were your family?” I asked

“Good, but I was too busy with interviews to spend time with them. I spent the whole time missing Jonah though, I should never have gone”

“It was only 5 days and you had to go for work, it’s not your fault, he was fine; anyway you couldn’t have brought him with you” I said trying to reassure her.

“I guess” She sighed.

I pulled onto the motorway and the car was silent for a while.

“Do you think he’s coming down with something?” She asked while turned around playing with Jonah.

“What do you mean?” 

“He threw up and you hadn’t recently fed him”

“It’s probably just one of those things” I told her.