Chapter One

Jai’s POV

So here I am, in the canteen being public humiliated in front of the entire school by the boy who has tormented me my whole life. By life I don’t mean my whole school life, I mean my entire life, there was no escape. The boy who was currently spreading his lunch over my face was none other than my twin brother, Luke.

The whole school laughed as I had a plate of spaghetti shoved into my face, even the nerds, mainly because it wasn’t them for a change.

He finally let go of me and I ran out of the canteen and to the toilets. I was used to this; Luke wasn’t very original and smeared his lunch all over my face at least once every month. I’d managed to rub off all of the spaghetti when my best and only friend walked in, James Yammouni.

He looked at me sadly,

“I don’t know why you let him get away with it” He sighed,

“Why not, what could I do?” I asked,

“Fight back” James told me firmly.

“I don’t know how, and even if I did he’s stronger than me” I said,

“Yes but you’re cleverer, maybe think about not using violence” James suggested,

“James, just leave it, it’s not going to change anything” I snapped and walked out of the toilet, it was nearly the end of lunch and I still needed to get my books. This afternoon was the worse I had, maths and PE. We have to sit in alphabetical order in maths and I was next to Luke, and in PE Luke and his friends always found a way to trip me.

The dreaded sound of the bell ringing interrupted my thoughts; I went to my locker and walked slowly to my maths room trying to waste as much of the lesson as I could.  But it was unavoidable that I had to get there, I’m not the type to bunk a lesson, Luke is though, he wouldn’t have bunked maths though; I think he enjoys humiliating me. I arrived at the lesson and took my seat at the back as usual. There was no sign of Luke so I got my books and pencil case out and started to relax and listen to the teacher. Fifteen minutes into the lesson the door swung open.

“Ah Brooks, how nice of you to join us” The teacher said turning around from the formula he was explaining on the white board

“Well, I do have that effect on people” Luke said smirking

“Sit down Brooks” The teacher told him.

Luke sat in the seat next to me and started texting; the teacher finished explaining the formula and told us to do some questions in the book. I got my books out and started to do the questions, when the teacher walked over to us.

“Where are you books Luke?” He asked

“I don’t have them” Luke replied flatly

“Do you have pencil case or at the very least a pen?” He asked again

“Yeah, that’s a no as well” Luke said, seriously I’d never have the balls to talk to a teacher like that.

“Share with Jai, while you’re doing that you might want to take a leaf out of his book” The teacher said and started to walk off.

“No, he’s a faggot” Luke said really loudly. The teacher stopped walking away and faced us

“Detention” He shouted at Luke.

Luke sighed and snatched a pen from me and then ripped a page out of my exercise book, he dragged the textbook away from me and put it right in front of him so I couldn’t see it at all.

“I can’t see the book” I said quietly, afraid he was going to hurt me.

“Put your glasses on then” Luke said smirking, he always teased me when I wore them so I hardly ever did, but I really needed them.