There was anger, no surprise there, jealousy, annoyance, irritation, sadness and every negative adjective out there. Though anger is what was held in his voice, I felt briefly and lightly how his heart felt sad and I felt guilty as a frown was placed onto my face.

"You hardly initiate any romantic contact with me so how the fuck do you think it makes me feel seeing you kissing someone else?" Declan spat and my heart collapsed.

I swallowed, my throat stuck as I found my brain actually clear with nothing to say in reply. His eyes began to lighten and his original eye color returned but the sadness that came with it made it hard for me to breath.

He stood, as if sitting down there in front of me was too much for him, and he nudged Killian with his elbow to move out of his way so he could leave. I grasped the table tightly with my hands, automatically knowing the last thing I wanted was for him to leave. I was frantic inside but my throat felt so dry that I felt like my voice would crack heavily if I spoke.

"Declan," Killian sighed, calming himself down, "we can hear them out."

"Yeah," Elijah agreed, "besides, I don't know this May girl but I have a feeling the kiss shared wasn't there idea."

I was pleading with Declan not to go with my eyes but he wasn't looking at me and he made a point not to as he released a breath, shoving his hands in his pocket and squinted his eyes at the wall across from where he stood.

What I wanted desperately was for him to look at me, to see the usual seductive or playful or childish glint his eyes held. I never knew how much it'd hurt me to feel the sadness, hurt and anger that radiated off of him.

"I need air," was what he said as he grabbed the table that separated me from him and lifted it up with a single hand.

He ducked under it, allowing the furniture to drop on the floor afterwards, a loud sound filling the eatery as the table smashes against the floor. There were probably cracks on the tile floors now but what was more apparent were the eyes that widened seeing Declan's impeccable strength that was inhumanly possible considering the table wasn't one that moved but was glued on the floor by some kind of adhesive.

What captured most of my attention was the ring of the bell that was on top of the door, a signal that Declan left.

"There's air in here," muttered Elliot softly.

I turned to Finnick and he instantly stood up, allowing me to rush after Declan. I pushed the door open harshly and found Declan walking in the direction of clear forest, where I knew he'd end up shifting and going back the pack house or even disappearing if it came to that.

I hated running so much but I tossed all my dislikes aside as I sprinted after him, slightly huffing because he walks fast. I make it to him and grasp the back of his shirt in my hands, my grip tight and urgent. He stops walking but doesn't turn around but I hear the sigh that escapes him.

"Declan, I can explain," I huff out, my voice was dry and pleading.

"I don't need it," he says as he turns around and pulls my hand off of his shirt.

I bite my lip, shaking my head and grasp the front of his shirt this time.

"No, y-you do. What happened—"

"It was May's fault?" His voice is stiff and I don't say anything as he grasps my hand that grips his shirt tightly, already creating wrinkles in his shirt, "I know it is. That isn't the problem."

He pulls off my hand and I now hold his arm with whatever amount of strength my smaller body in comparison to his had.

"Then what is it?" I urge.