THIS TIME

"I can't do this anymore, Kim."

There was an awful silence in between us.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Kim released me from her arms and looked at me confused.

"I can't do this anymore. I can't stand it. Being with you, and not being with you at the same time." I was crying.

"Pie, I don't understand." Kim was holding my hands now. I must be strong and be firm on this.

"Kim. You know that I said that I love you and will wait for you. But, I guess I can't wait anymore, not this way." I looked at her eyes. "Lately, I feel that we have been just running in circles. I don't know if you have a plan with the both of us. I feel like, we're just wasting our time. We have been going on talking of trying all this out, fixing things between the two of us but we don't have a plan or any idea on how to do so."

I took her hand. "I want to be with you Kim. But many things lately got me thinking, why these things are happening to us. I want to be with you, but then, people keep on separating us apart." I said as I looked down. "They keep on coming in between us, and it breaks my heart."

"Is this about Yam?" Kim lifted my chin, so I could see her eyes. I nodded and took my eyes away from her again.

"Pie. I'm sorry for what ever you are feeling. But, I have something that I want you to know." Kim took my hand and spoke again. "I'm sorry that you felt this way. I am sorry for making you feel this way. I love you, and you know that I really want to be with you. But, if you are feeling this way, how can I keep you. If you are having doubts about me."

"I am not having doubts Kim. It's just that I am hurt. So, hurt. The last time was when you didn't tell me that you were in the hospital, and Yam was the one who took care of you. And now, you got injured then she was here again." Letting my tears roll down. "I know that this is a small thing, but I can't help but be sad Kim. She likes you and we aren't together. I can't demand from you." Kim stood up and took my hand. "Come with me." She said, and we walked outside of the apartment, and went to the roof top. I didn't realize but it was a bit dark already, why was evening suddenly here?

"Pie." Kim went ahead of me, and I just followed her. I stopped when I saw the view from here. I wasn't on the top yet, but I was able to see the city lights already from the staircase. I felt warm here. I was sad, but this place made me happy for a while. When I was lost in the moment, I heard something.

"Ouch! Pie! Help me!" I snapped back to the reality and went straight to the roof top. It was dark, and I couldn't see anything. "Kim, where are you!? What happened?!" I was nervous, she just had an injury, and it was too dark here.

Kim's POV

It was dark here and I have literally tripped. My foot hurts and I can't move that much. Good thing I fell correctly on the spot that I knew was safe. I needed Pie to see me soon. And by soon, I want the magic to begin.

"Kim, where are you? Please answer me." Pie's is now worried. I can hear her voice, looks like she will be crying again anytime soon.

"Pie, I am here." I tried to sound fine, but truth is, my ankle hurts.

"I can't see you. Are there any lights here?" I sensed she stopped moving because of the dark place. She was never really good in the dark.

"Yes. There's a post near you. There is a switch there." I said trying to help her.

"Okay. I'll search for it. Don't move. Your ankle might hurt again."

"Yes Pie. I'd stay still. I'll only move when you open the lights. I don't want to get hurt again."