Here We Go

The day came for Kim to finally meet and go with Pie to her father’s tomb. It is her father’s death anniversary, it has become there family tradition to go there yearly.

Her mom loves her father so much. After going to the cemetery, they will have a gathering with her other relatives from her father’s side of the family.

“Oh boy, Pie and I aren’t really together anymore but why I am so freaking nervous?” Kim said to herself as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Unknown to Kim, she has been looking at herself about deciding what to wear for almost an hour already.

While checking herself out, her phone beeped. She received a message from Pie asking if she was ready.

I’m done. I’ll just pick you up in 15 mins. I’ll see you later.

“This is it. Come on Kim, you can do this.” she said as she stormed out of the house and rode her car.

---

Kim got to Pie’s house and she felt her heart rose when she saw Pie’s mom as well. She doesn’t want to feel bad but knowing that Pie’s mom is with them, she can’t help it but feel down knowing that what happened between her and Pie in the past might also have an effect with her relationship with Pie’s mother.

She doesn’t want to look like a complete mess, so she went out of the car and approached the two ladies.

“U-uhm.” A moment of silence filled the awkward air. Kim tried to gasp for air as she breathed her last nervous breath.

“Good morning, Auntie.” Kim said as she stood like a log due to nervousness. Unknown to Kim, Pie’s mom was silently laughing in her head just by looking at how nervous she is as of the moment.

“It’s really nice to see you again after a long time auntie. How have you been?” Kim said, still stuttering. Pie was just looking at her and was also laughing in her head. She does know that Kim might feel a little embarrassed with her mom in front of them, especially now, that her mom is not showing any reaction towards Kim. she can sense that Kim is uneasy and her sweats are quiet visible as of now, this feels like the first time that she introduced Kim to her mom. Deja vu.

“It’s nice to see you too, Kimhan. I missed you a lot. Give me a hug.” The lady told Kim and gestured for a hug. Kim felt a bit relaxed as she felt her hands on her back, tapping her. She was relieved that Pie’s mom is still good with her. She thought she was going to be busted.

“Uhm, I assume both of you are ready, why don’t we go along? You can also come with us Auntie. I’ll give you both a ride home as well.” Kim said still nervous and scratching her head.

“No, you two kids go ahead. I still have some things that I have to finish first. Pie, you take care of Kim okay? I’ll see you both there later.” Pie’s mom said with a smirk and a wink. Good thing Kim didn’t saw it; Pie’s eyes widen and shook her head glaring at her mom.

“Uhm, okay Auntie, we’ll see you there later.” Kim said flashing her smile.

“I’ll see you too later, Kim.” the lady said and gestured for the two to go ahead.

The two got inside the car but there was complete silence, an awkward kind of silence, neither of them wanted to start a conversation.

“Okay.” Kim said and looked at Pie, trying to be cool at the situation.

“Sorry?” Pie looked at Kim confused. She actually didn’t get what Kim was trying to do, and at the same time, she can’t handle the feeling of being with Kim again, alone with her.