UNEXPECTED

Pie's POV

Okay. That was a close one. The moment that I was ready for a good kissing action, they come it to ruin it. Sigh, I wish I could still kiss her right now. Okay Pie, that is too much day dreaming. Currently, I am driving along the way with my best friend who I think just came in from a free shopping spree.

"Okay Pie. I want details. You better start talking now." Fern eyed me.

"Nothing happened, because you two came in." I said with an annoyed tone.

"Well, sorry about that. It was uncalled for." She said laughing a bit. Yeah right. Uncalled my face. "But, you know what Pie, I feel that you and Kim will be back together in no time. I can just really feel it. And when that happens, I will be the happiest person for you!"

"Of course, you should. I'm your best friend." I said in a 'duh' tone. "Anyway, let's just hurry home. I want to take a good rest." And off we went along the busy streets of Thailand.

---

New day and new person to join the team. Shone and Kim aren't here yet, they picked up the new member of the team from the airport. I heard that the head office sent another person to assist us, and here we are, fixing another table for the new comer.

"I hope the new person is single. I'd gladly date him!" Jane said.

"Well, don't put your hopes up. We do not have any idea on who the new comer is." Puey objected.

"But I'm pretty sure that he's good looking. He's friends with Shone and Kim, they wouldn't make friends with the ugly one's, right?" Well, Jane has a point, but I doubt.

"Yeah right. But just be ready okay. Shone texted me and he said that they would be here in a few hours. So, let's make this quick because I really want to eat." Fern said sounding grumpy. People really have attitude when hungry.

---

"Hi team. Meet our new member, Zee." Van said as he introduced the good-looking gentleman in front.

"Hi guys, my name is Zee Keenan, and this is my assistant Nerd. I hope we all get along and enjoy our stay here."

I felt a light tap on my shoulder as Jane started to whisper at my back. "Is it just me, or is she another tom?"

"Yeah, I think so too. But this one is also charming and handsome." Puey butted in.

"I didn't know that you were into girls now, Puey." Jane said in a teasing tone which made Puey shot her a death glare.

"Even though this one is handsome for a girl, I would still go for men." Puey rolled his eyes and we just laughed at him. Zee and Nerd took a bow as they finished introducing themselves to us. We all went to our seats as we would be having a plan meeting in 2 hours.

As we were about to sit, Kim called me, and she gestured that she sent me a text message.

Kim: Can I ask you out maybe later? Shone wants to take Fern out and asked me to go third wheeling, but I don't feel like going alone.

'Sure, we can join them. Are you asking me out for a date?' I sent the reply to her and not long after, I felt my phone vibrating and found another text message from her.

Kim: If you think so, then I guess I am asking you out. So, I'll see you later?

'Sure, see you later.'

---

"Thank you for agreeing to come with us. Although I knew that we can go on a date on solo, I think that it's really fun if we can all go out on a double date." Shone said as we were walking our way out of the office building.

"Oh, so which car should we use?" I asked, they have their car and we also, I don't want to leave my car here. I don't trust the building security that much.

"We can just use your car. Zee borrowed my car; her car won't be arriving in another week. She said she has somewhere to go." Kim said while we were walking towards my car. I got the car keys and handed it over to Kim since she will be the one driving. And here we are now, all settled inside the car.

"Okay, so let's go! Who's up for movies?" Shone asked, he was sitting with Fern at the back seat since I was in the passenger seat with Kim.

"I think movies sound good." Kim nodded. Well, I'd agree. They all looked at me with a triumphant smile on their faces.

After an hour...

Here we are in the mall and we have settled to watching Oceans 8. The new movie that involves all the world's greatest actors. But what we loved the most is that Rihanna was there. We are all great fans of Rihanna. So, I was with Kim and the two other love birds are currently buying a ticket for the movie, while we two are in-charge of the snacks.

"Hey Pie, would you like a burger or a hotdog sandwich?" Kim asked me while she was still looking for her wallet.

"I think I'd go with 4 burgers, 4 sodas, and a big serving of their popcorn."

"Are you sure? That is a lot for you, you know?" She said blinking, like she didn't believe what I said.

It hit me, did she just think that I will be eating all of those? "No! I meant those are all for us four! Silly Kim, I can't eat all of that!" I said with a bit annoyed tone, and then she started to laugh a little.

"Okay, I was just thinking why such the big appetite?" Then she walked towards the counter with me behind. "Hi Miss. We would like to order 4 burgers, 4 sodas and a big serving of your cheese popcorn, please." Kim said to the cashier with a sweet smile. I saw the cashier blush and gawked at Kim for a while.

"Eherm." I walked and hooked my arms to Kim's.

"Is there anything else you like, Pie?" Kim said looking at me.

"Nothing more." Then I looked at the lady and eyed her, until she got the signal that she was looking at Kim for at least a minute already. Then after a few minutes, our orders were completed in no time. I guess my eyes made the trick.

"Okay, so now we are all good. Shall we?" Kim said gesturing to go towards Fern and Shone. I nodded and off we go. Finally, a time with Kim! Weeeeeeeee! Movies!

---

After almost 2 hours...

"That was a blast!" Shone said as we walked out of the cinema.

"Yeah! I really enjoyed it. I hope there would be another installment." Kim seconded. "I laughed the entire time." She added.

It was a great movie. If you haven't watched it yet, then you should! (I am not promoting it, I just really loved it.)

"Okay, so since the movie is done, where do we go now?" Shone asked.

"Well, I'm a bit hungry. Can we eat dinner now?" Fern answered holding on to her stomach. How did she become hungry? She was the one who ate half of the popcorn!

"Okay, let's settle down for a good treat." Kim said as we started walking again. Oh, did I mentioned that we were walking while our arms were linked? I took the chance. I wouldn't want to miss this moment of feeling Kim close to me. Even if it would be just for a few hours.

While we were walking, I suddenly became nervous. I don't know for what reason, but I became so uneasy. I felt something weird or strange will be happening. Kim seemed to feel my uneasiness, while we were walking and looking for a place to eat, she glanced at me from time to time and smiled. Enough for me to feel assured that everything will be alright.

Just when I thought that the night was getting better, I felt like the whole world was making a joke on me. As we were trying to settle down for a place to eat, the woman that I loath the most after so many years popped out of nowhere and was just walking in front of us.

"Oh, hi guys, fancy seeing you all in here?" she said.

"Yam." I said with a fake smile.