Chapter Sixty-Five

The battle was over... but the pain had only just begun.

Harry, Hermione and Ron walked slowly through the bodies, many people were crying over friends and family who lay motionless on the ground, at the end of the hall, the Weasley family stood or sat crying and Harry dreaded knowing the reason why. Ron collapsed when he saw Fred with his eyes closed and followed in the rest of his family's footsteps as they cried.

May stood with the rest of her family crying as they mourned for Fred, Ron came rushing over, Hermione and Harry behind him they were all upset about the loss so no one saw the figure creeping into the dark. 

Except May. 

May saw the figure as the man pointed their wand at Harry, May knew what this man was thinking, "kill harry potter and Voldemort will reward me," but May wasn't going to let that happen. 

May ran towards Harry and pushed him out of the way and turned to the man both wands out and ready. Before Harry hit the ground a flash of blue light emitted from May's wand but the man was faster and a bright green light shot and hit May's heart.

Before Harry hit the ground May's body fell to the floor as her grip on her wand loosened and the wand was lost beneath the rubble. Harry hit the ground with a thud the ringing in his ears evaded his hearing but all he heard was the loud scream that emitted from Ginny's mouth, he looked around as he sat up and looked at the body in front of him. 

Ginger hair tied up in a bun, black jeans, a white top and white shoes, the body in front of him was May Weasley.

Tears ran down his cheeks as realization hit him, she had saved his life. 

All those years of thinking that he loved her romantically disappeared and Harry suddenly knew what the love he felt was, it wasn't romantic love it was sibling love... May had been like Harry's sister. 

Molly Weasley collapsed to the floor, the grief of losing two children finally overthrowing her as Arthur cried as he held his wife. 

Ron cried harder, Ginny wrapped her arms around George and George wrapped his arms around Ginny and the rest of the Weasleys stood in shock. 

The man was shortly bombarded with stunning spells from every direction and hit him so hard he died but no one cared. May Weasley was dead along with her brother and so many others who had died.

Professor McGonagall covered her mouth as tears fell from her eyes as students carried May to lay next to her brother, one student closed her eyes while another looked for her wand but found that it had disappeared.