Chapter Twenty-Two

It was May Weasley's first lesson and Umbridge hadn't arrived yet so she sat on the desk at the front of the class of Slytherins and Gryffindors who talked and looked at a paper bird as it flew around the classroom. 

May laughed with the students as they tried to hit it and push it around but that soon stopped when the bird was burnt and Umbridge walked into the classroom and walked towards the front. May quickly stood to the side of the room and listened to the Professor, "more commonly known as OWLS," Umbridge turned when she reached the front and explained what her lessons were going to be like, May began to hand out books that were called 'dark arts defence- books for beginners' May frowned when she walked back to the front. 

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells," Hermione stated looking at both of her professors. Umbridge cackled, "using spells, why would you need to use spells in my classroom?" she asked but didn't wait for an answer, "you will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free environment" May wanted nothing more than to shout at Umbridge but Harry beat her to it. 

"What use is that? if we're going to be attacked it won't be risk-free." May looked confusingly at the book as she flicked through it and Umbridge and Harry began to argue.

May didn't hear any of it until Voldemort was mentioned and the class went quiet, a pencil was heard dropping to the floor. May smiled as Umbridge stumbled on her words, "now let me make this quite plain you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large... this is a lie!" She emphasised her words trying to make everyone agree with her but Harry fought back, May wanted to join in but knew she had to be professional. 

Umbridge was not going to listen to Harry any longer and gave him a detention and the class began. It was one of the most boring lessons in the world. Every lesson was the same Umbridge explained the new defence against the dark arts lessons and May almost fell asleep in a few of them. 

After the day was over May saw Harry heading to Umbridge's office for detention and May smiled as she walked past him as she headed to Dumbledore's office. As she walked in Snape was standing next to Albus examining his hand that had turned grey.