Chapter 6

I was awoken at 9am by shouting downstairs. I grabbed my dressing gown and ran down to see what all of the commotion was about. "What's going on?" I asked  Mum, she as sitting at the dining table looking like she had just laid an egg. "This has nothing to do with you Lexi so please just keep out" I could see Leila out of the kitchen window looking a little overwhelmed so I left my Mum to sulk so I could go check on her. 

As I got to the back lawn I could see Craig cigarette in hand and phone in the other pressed up against his ear. "A meeting today would be good please" I heard him say to whoever else was on the other line. I squeezed my way by him and ran over to Leila "What's up little L" I asked concerned she shrugged "Why are Mummy and Daddy fighting?" I leant down to her level and took her small hand in mine "sometimes mummies and daddies have little disagreements but I promise they will be okay in a few hours" I smiled "How about you come to the charity shop with me this afternoon?" On Monday's I usually worked at the local charity shop for my Grandma, just to help out and I knew that the house wouldn't be a great place for Leila to stay in today. I picked her up and took her inside to get her changed. I didn't bother speaking to either my Mum or Craig I just text my Mum saying I'd taken Leila with me so she would know where her daughter was.

My Grandma was thrilled to see us, she had this way of telling when something wasn't quite right, there was no way if keeping secrets from her, she knew everything. I sat Leila down on the counter and grabbed a book from one of the sale shelves for her to read whilst I went to the back of the store with Grandma to grab the bags of donations people had left. 

"Well come on Lexi I know something isn't right at home" I grunted.

"It's a really long story but basically my Mum cheated on Craig and this morning they were arguing pretty badly" She shook her head in disapointment 

"well your Mother has done this before, she cheated on your father and I always knew Craig was no good for her, I nean she got pregnant within the first week of knowing him" I had to agree with her they only got married for Leila's sake.I emptied a bag on the counter next to Leila and began routing through to find anything that would be worth selling. Soon my Ma was already calling my Mum, I made her put it on loud speaker because to be honest I didn't even really know what was going on.

"Mum me and Craig are fine I promise you" My Mum's voice beamed down the phone she sounded happy. "How's my little Leila doing?" My Ma rolled her eyes at the phone and looked towards the two of us. 

"She's fine just playing with an old pop up book" the phone call was breif although my Mum sounded happy I knew in the back of my mind something wasn't quite right. 

The afternoon went pretty fast and I was dreading taking Leila back home. Luckily my Ma gave us a lift saving us the long walk. "Promise me you'll call if anything happens or if you just need to talk"

" I promise Ma you know I always do" I gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked with Leila to the back door. The house was empty when I got in there was no sign what so ever of my Mum or Craig. I noticed Craig's key was sat on the kitchen counter on top of what could only be described as a legal document. He never left his key at home if he had gone out. I helped Leila take off her shoes before going over to see what it was. Divorce papers. I was a little shocked but I knew Craig and how much he hated cheating but I honestly never thought my Mum would cheat again after how hurt she was when my Father left her for that reason.

My Mum didn't return home until really late I'd tried ringing her a few times but got no answer. She waltzed in at around 11pm I was really angry with her. 

A: She hadn't bothered to call me.

B: I had to cook dinner, bathe Leila and get her to go to sleep

Just as I began to have a go at her, Max walked in behind her I through down the magazine I was reading and stormed upstairs to bed.

The night was sleepless and extremely unpleasent. I was kept up half the night by the noises from my Mum's room... I think you know what I am getting at! Just imagine it, your Mum and your crush getting it on in the room next door to you. The following day I liturally did nothing all I knew now was that my Mum and Craig were getting a divorce and Craig would have custody of Leila. I also presumed Mum and Max were an item and that sickened me to my stomach.I helped get all of Craigs stuff packed into boxes for him and my Ma came over to pick me up so I could take everything round and make sure he was okay. Craig seemed under the weather which didn't surprise me. The one question that kept looming around my head was is he still in ETF. I asked it him when I was putting my shoes on to leave "I want to be in Escape The Fate more than anything and even though your Mum cheated on me with Max we're still talking and getting the ball rolling" he gave me a wink and thanked me for helping him out. 

Back at home the mood was high. My Mum was super happy for a woman who was in the process of getting divorced and she was so loved up with Max. At this point Max wasn't at the house so I got a chance to sit down and speak to my Mum.

"You do realise I liked Max right?" she laughed at me 

"Lexi he is way too old for you"

"Mum! I'm 18!" she laughed and went upstairs to bed. Usually me and my Mum were best friends but right now she seemed lie my worst enemy and Craig was my new best friend.

It was about 11pm and I was sat in the dark on my laptop when suddenly there was a knock on the door. I walked over and unlocked it as soon as I did I was pounced on and pinned up to the wall I let out a yelp "Babe shh it's me Max" he placed his hand over my mouth to shut me up I could tell he was slightly intoxicated. "Samantha you are so beautiful" Oh my god I thought to myself, he thinks I'm my Mum!I went to say no but I couldn't because as soon as he moved his hand away from my mouth he locked lips with me. I knew I should have just hit him but I couldn't stop kissing him as wrong as it was it felt right! his tongue teased my lower lip. I couldn't take it I grabbed his hair and pulled him closer to me he stopped suddenly and looked hard at my face. I gulped "Is Lexi in?" I knotted my eyebrows together and nodded to indicate that I was in. I know it was dark and I had always been told I was a spitting image of my Mum in here but surley he could tell it was me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me sharply out of the door and threw me down in to the back of his car before crawling on top of me. I quivered with anticipation as he hitched up my skirt and stroked my thighs with his finger tips. He got out of the car and undid his belt before sitting upright in the car and indicating for me to place myself on his lap. I climbed on and felt his erection underneath me. I let him enter me and I grinded slowly getting faster with every second that past by. Soon I was screaming as an orgasm rushed through me I slowed down and laid on his lap. He kissed me gently. "Sam you should go and get some sleep" he helped me out of the car and walked me back into the house before giving me a kiss on the lips and leaving.

I slammed the door shut "What the fuck have I just done!" I whisperd to myself I shut the lid of my laptop and ran upstairs before dumping myself under the covers and liturally cried my eyes out.