Chapter 13

The will

Omoye POV

I am broken!

My life is never going to be the same again. He begged me to believe him but I never did. I made his last days on earth a living hell. I turned to a nagging wife. Osas loved me with every fibre of  his being.

Yet what did I repay him with?

Oh God! What have I done to myself? Why did I allow the devil to use me this much?

Osas, please forgive me..I wish you were here...to tell me you have forgiven me.

I wish this were only a big joke or a nightmare....

I am so broken!

Why did Efua come into my home and destroyed everything I ever laboured for?

She turned my once happy home into a mournful one.

Ha Efua! You have taken away my life. Osas, why did you allow yourself to be deceived by a little girl?

No! She must leave!

I matched out of the main building and headed towards the boys' quarters where Efua stays. The door we closed so I banged at the door.

Come out here you witch! You're inside while my husband is in ashes?

Come out here and tell my why you killed him! All he ever did was to help you even though a pig must always be a pig!

He tried to help you and all you could think of was to seduce him abi? And when you didn't succeed you simply killed him.

The door opened and a crying Efua stood in front of me. Her eyes were all red and swollen.

If not that I know her so well, I could have sworn that she was more broken than I was, but I knew it was all a pretense!

Don't share that crocodile tears for me at all, you cheap proustite. A daytime witch and an eternal bastard! That's what you're!

You think you have succeeded on ruining my home abi?

As I watch you now. I want you to pack your bags and get out of my house this minute! You've done enough already.

I don't want to create a scene if not I would have locked you up. Now, I give you five minutes to pack your belongings and leave immediately.

'madam please....I..can't..go back to my...village' Efua stammers. 'I will do whatever you want me to do, madam please'.

Never! Efua never! That was how you deceived my husband years back. I will not Fall for that trick! Your five minutes begins now!

******†****†****
Efua POV

My world is gradually coming to an end!

When dad saved me from my people years back, and accepted me here, I thought my life's story has changed for the better, but little did I know that my misery was only going on a break.

Oh death! Why are you so far and yet so close to me. You take my love ones from me. Those who deserve to live and yet you refused to take me that doesn't deserve to live!

Oh death! Why are you so unjust?
Why are you so wicked and mean to me? What did I ever did to have deserved this misfortune in life!

Or wait a minute, am u really a witch?

If no, why is it that everyone I ever held dear to my heart dies suddenly?

'Are you still there?' Madam asked angrily. Her question brought me back to reality as l dragged my bag out.

Where was l to go? No family. No relation. Temmy is my only friend that is living in Nigeria, but ever since madam smash my phone I lost contact with Temmy.

Where am I to go?

I stopped at the gate, turned round and saw madam watching me from the balcony upstairs.

I walked towards the balcony and raised my head.

'Madam, I sincerely want to thank you for all the love you have shown to me until now.

For giving me the chance to know what it feels like to have a mother...

'I was never like a mother to you! I couldn't have given birth to a witch like you. Omoye interrupted Efua.

For giving me the chance to grow up within a home. Efua continued as though she was never interrupted.

You're a good woman and I want you to know that I love you.

Love? Omoye questioned.

Did I hear you say love?

You're nothing but an ungrateful element. You came into my home and ruined it. You took away my life and made me a widow. You now stand there to tell me you love me after ruining my home?

Just leave this minute before I change my mind and lock you up!

*****†***

Efua walked out through the gate without a destination. She wept as though her life depends on weeping.

There was an uncompleted building opposite the house. So she went in there. Madam hadn't allow her to pick any of her kitchen utensils, so Efua was back to square one. She was left without money, Phone or a home. Everything still seemed like a dream.

Efua had gone to see mama Nosa to collect foodstuff from her but the woman denied knowing her.

So it was finally complete!
No home, no food, education yet can't work without having completed NYSC.

Life is so unfair  and wicked.

Efua wept day in and day out.

How she wished dad was around. He was a great man with a tender heart.

He wanted the best for me but death took him away from me.

*****†*
The family lawyer arrived and an urgent meeting was called. It was time to hear Dad's will. But the will was to be read when everyone was complete.

We are all here. Omoye informed the lawyer, Barr. Mark.

No ma, this is not the number I have in my file. One person is not here. He opened the file and brought out the document that contains the names of the members of the family and began a roll call.

Barr. Omoye O.....wife

Efeosa O...... son

Ese O.....daughter

Efua...... Adopted daughter.

What?  Adopted? Omoye, Efeosa and Ese chorus.

What is going on here? Efeosa questioned.

Well, the instruction I have here is that I cannot proceed if all members of the family are not complete. So do well to contact me when you're all complete and ready. Mark said standing up from where he sat. He walked over to the door and off he went...

Thanks for reading... Sorry for the late update. Have been quite busy. Hope you're not angry😘
Please don't forget to vote and share....