Chapter 12

The accident

Osas POV

For days now, after Omoye's misinterpretation of Efua and I, has not spoken to me. She sent me a divorce form through our family lawyer who happened to be my roommate back days in school,  though Omoye never knew we were friends.

'Hey are you in the office?' I asked Mark over the phone.

'Yes, Osas.' Mark replied.

'Can I come over to see you?' I inquires

'Of course!' Mark replied.

Few minutes later I was in Mark's firm. I just needed to do this.

'man, are you sure this is what you really want to do? I mean, there could be other ways to go about this you know?' Mark said looking at me.

I passed a file containing some important documents to Mark.

'I want to update my Will I have a few changes to make.' I said. As for your question, yes. This is the only way I can handle this. I have thought it over and over again.

Do you know the pains and hell Efua is going through? Omoye stopped her from serving in our company, froze her account and demanded that she leaves the house or else she would divorce me! Osas sighs

But...Mark tried to persuade me further but l cut him short.

No buts Mark,  'I don't think I can watch this any further, it's getting out of hand and yet I feel helpless. I have to save my marriage and at the same time help Efua. Efua no longer comes close to me. She runs from me as though I am a monster just because of my wife and children. She cries every day. How I hate to be the reason why she suffers this much! So yes man, this is my only option. I believe this will change a lot of things... if not all. Am positive about this.' I concluded.

'Ok, if you say so. I am right behind you all the way. Please sign here. Mark instructed.

'Thanks man, I could never have done this alone.' I said shaking Mark's hand.

*******†******†****
As Osas drove back home his mind wandered to the recent happenings in his family. Omoye paid no heed to any of his explanations about what she saw in their room. Their children were not ready to believe anything outside what their mother told them and sworn to make Efua's life a living hell for coming to destroy their happy home.

Efua on the other hand, has withdrawn. She no longer sees herself as being a member of the family. She now sees herself as total stranger who came to destroy a happy home.

Omoye had smashed her phone and froze her account. Efua refused to collect the new phone Osas got for her and tries all she could to avoid him. She was always in tears.

As though to confirm Efua's withdrawal, Omoye woke up yesterday and demanded that Efua leaves the house. After much pleading she accepted that Efua moves to the boys' quarter part of the house.

In all of this, what pains Osas the most is how fast Omoye believed whatever she was beginning to believe now, that he was unfaithful. Not just with any other person but with Efua, a girl he took as his own daughter! After years of marriage Omoye still couldn't vouch for him. It hurts. Efeosa and Ese were growing Wilder by the day. They no longer hide to smoke nor bring their lovers home and Omoye was  okay with it as long as it hurts Osas.

Osas saw the vehicle in front of him coming in full speed and tried to avoid it but his brake was failing. He tried until his car ran into the nearest bush. The car came to a stop after hitting a big tree and boom the car caught fire and started burning...

****†******
Omoye saw her phone ringing and didn't want to take the call since the caller was unknown. After a while she decided to pick the call. ' Hello ma, am calling in respect of your husband...

Omoye ended the call upon hearing the caller's motive for calling. What nerve Osas, Omoye thought to herself. So you now give your girlfriends my number so that they could call me to insult me abi? You'll come and meet me in this house. I will remind you today that am the daughter of my mother and that her blood still runs in my veins.

Omoye walked over to the TV and switched it on. There was this news that was airing about an accident captioned 'The Painful exit of our beloved surgeon, Dr. Osaremen of Omoyeme hospitals and the CEO of  Osas investment co.....

Omoye screamed holding her head. 'Noooooooo! Noo! Am dreaming. She said to herself wailing as began to crawl on the floor back and forth as though she was insane. Indeed she was! 

*******†
Efua was the only one at home and had heard the loud cry coming from the main building. It sounded like madam's voice. She was afraid to go. Madam had forbade her from entering the main house.  Dad had bought her a small cooking gas, some pots,  plates and spoons. He also paid mama Nosa, a trader in the market whom Efua could always go to collect foodstuff from.

Efua was becoming worried as the wailing continued. Madam was the only one at home. She saw when dad drove out this morning and was yet to return. Dad was in so much pains this days. She wanted to give him a listening ear as she used to do but was too afraid to. She knew dad wanted to talk to her but Madam and her children would not hesitate to kill her if they ever saw her close to dad. Efeosa was a monster. Ese was the lesser devil. The sight of Efua simply irritates madam. So she was always alone.

Efeosa and Ese left the house not quite long. The wailing was becoming louder. Efua became restless. 'What if madam needed my help or something. She thought to herself. 'I had better go in and check on her. Efua thought to herself again as she ran to the main building.

'You witch!' Omoye pounced on Efua upon seeing her in the main building. Beating her with all her might. You killed him didn't you? You killed him. Omoye answered herself.

Efua in confusion tried to dodge madam's blows with her hands.

The door opened and Ese and Efeosa walked in. Upon seeing their mother with Efua thought that Efua was fighting their mother so they  joined their mother and gave Efua the beating of her life....

Two updates in a day! It wasn't easy..
Thanks for reading! Please don't forget to vote and share😚😚😘