16. The Jerk

After the unusual events of yesterday, Louis was glad to be back at school, where he knew he had the alphas wrapped around his finger. He walked up to the athletes table, in the senior area, gaining the attention of all the boys there. "Hi there, lads. I was wondering if one of you would want to take a walk with me?" He asked, batting his lashed and nibbling on his bottom lip.

Tom stood from the table first, growling at the others, who snarled at him. "Allow me." He smirked at Louis, who grabbed the bicep the alpha had extended. They walked off and Niall and Liam watch as they did so. Liam scoffed, eyes wide as if he couldn't believe it. He looked at Niall who was staring at the table, looking upset. Liam quirked his head at the beta, but didn't ask questions.

Tom pushed Louis against the non-fiction shelf in the library. The omega opened his lips, making an "o" shape and breathed in as the alpha attacked his neck. Tom wrapped his hand around the back of Louis' neck, and the other groped the omegas bum. "Fuck, your ass is amazing." He moaned into the omegas ear. "Think yourself lucky you're getting the 'up close and personal' tour" Louis spoke smugly.

"How about we make it even more personal?" Tom smirked and reached for Louis' zipped. "Hey now! You know the rules, Tom. You're not that lucky" Louis pushed the alpha off him, and fixed his hair, before picked up his backpack and walking away.

_ _ _

Louis walked out of math, thankful the class was over, and he only had two good subjects left. Entering music class, he sat next to Cara, a girl Louis was friends with since freshman year. They weren't close friends like him and Niall, but they always talked and she was always lovely to him. "Hi Louis!" she leant over to hug the omega boy, who returned the gesture

The teach gave the class the last ten minutes free time with the instruments. So Cara sat at the grand piano and Louis sat on the top of it. She began tapping the keys and Louis knew the song. "Oh yes!" he cheered, making her laugh and gaining an audience. "Ooh New York" Louis sung. Cara smiled up at him and looked back down at the black and white piano keys as she played "Empire state of mind", the slowed down Alicia Keys version.

"Now you're in New York
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York"

Louis finished and a round of applause erupted throughout the classroom. Including Liam, who was one of the people standing around the piano. And even Harry, who had a small smile, sitting up the back of the classroom.

"Louis! You're voice is amazing!" Some of the girls praised him, "Thank you, ladies! You're all too sweet, but it was really Cara who did all the hard work" Louis gestured to the shy girl behind the piano, tucking her hair behind her ear. The girls ran over to Cara and began showering her in compliments and Louis smiled, sliding down off the off the piano. Liam was waiting for him, "That was very modest of you, Louis." Liam smirked at the omega. Louis chuckles. "Yeah, well don't expect it again" He winked.

_ _ _

Louis waved goodbye to Liam as the were separated by hallways. Before he fully turned back around, he saw Harry walking behind not too far back, they made eye contact and Louis offered a polite smile. Harry lowered his head so Louis turned back around and frowned to himself. Had he done something to upset the alpha? He wondered whilst he walked, going through all the possibilities in his mind, not finding anything that made sense.

He waited until all the boys had left the locker room and walked to his cubicle to change clothes. Something he'd had to do every class since he was thirteen. He wished there was enough male omega's in the school for them to build an omega change room. But alas, here he is, having to make the sacrifices because the alphas can't control themselves.

He shoved his clothes back into his bag and left it on the bench next to the others. He jogged out onto the field to join the rest of the class, he made sure to be quiet, because the teacher was talking. He stood next to jenny, and looked over at Harry, who glanced over at him, then back to the teacher, "Now class, we've had a timetable mix up today, and double booked the basketball court, so Mr C's class will be joining our today, playing soccer." Ms Rowe gestured to the class walking toward them.

Cheers were heard as people saw their friends walking their way, and the teacher blew her whistle, redirecting the students attention. Louis saw Zayn walking with the other class, he made his way to Harry. Zayn looked over at the omega, he smiled and gestured him over. Louis bid goodbye to Jenny and shuffled over. "Hey Lou" Zayn ruffled his hair. "Zayn!" The omega whined and the alpha snickered.

The teams were being set up, and the three made sure to stay close. Louis looked around at the players that'd join their team, and was Tom, the alpha from this morning. Though the bit he didn't understand was the girl he has his arm around. Louis felt a rush of anger. "Excuse me for a minute." He spoke to neither Harry or Zayn in particular before stomping off.

He was making his way to where the jocks were standing, Tom's back facing him, he saw one of the alphas friends point at him, making Tom turn around. He kissed the girl forehead and started walking toward Louis. They met by the goal at the other end of the field, the alpha standing tall, arms crossed, putting on a tough stance. "Can I help you Louis? Back for more?" he asked, a smirk making a way to his face. "Are you fucking kidding me!?" Louis tried his best to keep his voice down.

"You have a fucking girlfriend, you fucking pig!" Louis pushed the alphas chest. "Oh, look who suddenly has morals!" Tom scoffed. Louis felt his face get hotter. "I thought you didn't have standards anyway." The alpha spat. "Whether you're right or not, I'm not a cheater!" Louis growled lowly. "Sorry if I need a slut every now and then!" Tom put his hands up on defence. Louis practically felt the steam blow out his ears.

"Hey! What's going on over here?!" They both turned and saw Harry a few feet away. "He's all yours, just keep him on a leash!" Tom spat and began to walk off. Harry was about to chase after him and teach him not to talk about Louis that way, when a small hand grabbed onto his bicep. He looked down at Louis as he wiped a single tear away. 

"Leave it, please..." He spoke so quietly, so full of shame, it broke Harry' heart. But the alpha was still fuming, "Why do you hang around the Dickheads anyway?!" Harry asked, trying to keep his tone down. "Harry! Louis! Get back over here so we can start the game!" Ms Rowe called.

PUBLISHED~30/OCT/2018