2. The Gang.

Harry, Liam and Zayn had been friends as long as they could remember. The three boys were always getting up to no good and making poor Mrs Payne's life a constant state of anxiety. She was the stay at home mum; therefore she usually looked after the three. The boys were always so adventurous and always got into mischief, even from a young age.

Their parents had been friends since high school and so having a son each at the same time was the best thing that happened to them. The trio were literally born to be friends; they had no choice in the matter. Not that they needed to be forced into anything; they clicked from the very beginning, just like their mothers knew they would. And Anne, Karen and Trisha knew their sons as well as they knew themselves.

Trisha Malik always knew Zayn was going to be an alpha; he would boss Harry and Liam around, and take control of their play time. The three mothers laughed at how dominant the little black-haired boy was. He was born to be a leader.

Just as Karen Payne knew Liam would stay a beta. He was shy and polite, the most perfectly behaved boy a mother could ask for. But with that, he was extremely loyal, and he wouldn't let Zayn and Harry push him around. He was equally as dominant as he was submissive.

Though Anne Styles had it a little tougher. Because Harry; was the one who surprised them all. He was never as dominant as Zayn. He was happy just to go along with what the boys wanted to do. All three boys had their differences, but the thing that set Harry apart from the others, beautiful, sweet Harry, was how kind and caring he was.

Always making sure that the boys 'fun' never got out of hand. Always standing up for Liam when Zayn picked on him, always picking flowers for his mum and her friends. So when sweet, little Harry turned out to be an alpha, Anne, Trisha and Karen were all very surprised.

And so the characteristics they'd gained at their young ages, stayed with them through the rest of their changes during puberty.

The boys were stuck in their adventurous ways, always shape-shifting into wolves and running through the forest.; foraging through the trees and bushes. Even when they each hit the tender age of thirteen, playing around in the woods was still one of their favourite pastimes.

They always like to remember the fun times they had in the woods.

But there was one time in particular that they'd never forget.

It was a cold afternoon, and the boys had been making their way home, in wolf form, trotting back from their run, they heard some talking in the distance and that's when Zayn gave Harry and Liam a stern look to stay down and keep quiet.

They hid behind some of the shrubs and could faintly see a few people in the distance. Three men who had big arms and tattoos were looking around. "This looks like it'll do; for now" the largest of the men spoke "well it's better than what we've got. Plus there's no one here to say we can't take it. It's convenient." The second guy shrugged. And the three laughed. They took some photos on their phone and hopped in their black van, driving away.

Liam, Zayn and Harry all changed back to their human forms. Zayn started pacing back and forth, deep in thought. Liam stared wide-eyed and mouth agape at Harry; who was just in shock.

Liam was the first to speak after a few minutes silence. "What are we gonna do?" his voice was shaky. "They want to take the land. This is our home! We have to do something." Zayn spat, his emotions on a high and Liam bowed his head in submission at the tone of the alpha's voice. "We won't let them take it Zayn; even if we have to fight them off ourselves." Harry put a reassuring hand on Zayn's shoulder.

"That's it, Harry! We have to start our own pack to protect our land; our town." Zayn sounded frantic and Harry and Liam shared a glance at one another and wondered if their friend was serious.

So they went back to Liam's house and sat in his room talking it out after they'd calmed down and gained some sense. They decided to start going to the gym and bulking up, and when they were old enough, they started getting tattoos. It took a bit of convincing their mother's, but they knew that their sons were doing the right thing.

But this was all a long time ago. The boys had grown up since then. Of course, they had changed vastly, but some things were stained into their souls; they couldn't change who they were, even if they wanted to.

The three men had come back, and they fought for their territory and won their fight. And Liam, Harry had recruited other members for their pack. The three of them were not going to be able to take on larger packs. So they had a small tight knitted pack that was like a family. A few older men and woman and a few younger, but Zayn remained the pack alpha. He was respected and good at what he did. Harry and Liam were just as high up and respected as Zayn.

They'd worked hard to become a respected pack, even if they were from a small town. But when it comes down to it, they were all still those three sweet little boys playing together. The best of friends.

PUBLISHED~18/APR/2018