11. The Anticipation.

School was almost over and it was friday, meaning Louis was sitting in his seat, staring up at the clock, watching the seconds go by. He didn't normally do this, but he was nervous. The pack would be meeting up at HQ Saturday and Sunday and it would be Louis' first go at his new 'job' within the pack.

While Louis was picking his brain, the bell rang, causing him to jump and look around at the others packing up their bags. Louis was quick to follow as he felt his heart rate rise. He had planned to stay at Niall's this weekend, knowing very well his mother would give him a good wack on the head if she knew what he was doing.

Being an omega herself, she's very protective of Louis, she treats him as if he's made of glass. Probably why Louis trys so hard not to be omega-like. He doesn't like to be treated like glass. He just wants to be like everyone else. Sometimes he feels more like a beta, that's until he goes into heat, and then he wishes he were a beta.

Not that he had to worry about going into heat any time soon. As an unmated omega, he only gets it once every two months. That'll change once he's bonded, but he'll have an alpha to help him then, so it won't be as bad.

Niall was waiting for him outside school, as always. Louis reached his friend and they began the route home. Niall jabbered on about how excited he was to be on the pack. All the while Louis was yet again caught in his thoughts. He'd always lose himself in his own mind. Overthinking was his speciality.

Next things he knew they were outside Niall's house. Niall opened the door and walked inside, he greeted his mum and older brother who were watching the television, Louis smiled small and gave them a wave. He's been staying at Niall's house for years, but he never truly feels comfortable anywhere except home. Not that he'd let anyone else know that.

Niall lead Louis to his room and Louis sat his bag in its usual place by Niall's desk. "What shall we do first?" Niall asked plopping on his bed. Louis sat on the other end of the bed, "I don't mind Niall, maybe a movie or something?" Louis asked and Niall could see that he wasn't in the mood for doing anything. He grabbed the remote and opened Netflix.

He chose the episode they were up to in supernatural and patted the spot next to him for Louis to sit in. The omega obeyed and Niall wrapped his arm around Louis' shoulders, the omega laid his head on the betas chest. The beta closed his eyes and smiled, he loved having the omega close to him. 

They watched one more episode before dinner was ready. They sat in the lounge room with their plates in their laps. The household of the three betas was very easy going, probably the only reason Louis' mother let him stay there. They watched whatever was on TV, and finished up quickly. Louis and Niall returned to his room, Niall pulling out some homework while Louis pulled out his phone.

The omega saw the multiple messages he had from alphas on his Instagram and Snapchat. He thought he'd reply to the snaps and leave the insta messages for now. Opening the few second picture and replying with a shot of the blanket. He received various replies, most of which had him smirking. This went on until the late hours of the night when he and Niall decided it was time for sleep. Louis pulled out the trundle from under Niall' bed and made himself comfortable.

_ _ _ 

Louis woke up when Niall tried opening the door slowly as not to awake his friend, but it creaked and was more noisy than intended. He smiled apologetically but ran down the hall, to what sounded like the toilet. Louis rubbed his eyes, he was about to roll over and go back to sleep when he remembered it was Saturday. His first day as part of the Fortwood pack.

He stared at the ceiling with wide eyes and so many possibilities ran through his mind. So many things could go wrong. Did he remember his surpressants? Yes. He never forgets. His overthinking ceased when the beta re-entered the room, "You'd better get up soon. We've got to be at HQ in half an hour." Niall smiled as he stepped over Louis to get to his dresser.

Louis sat up and shrugged the blankets off his body. He toddled over to his bag and grabbed out his new clothes, he walked to the bathroom and had a wee before jumping in the shower.

As soon as he was out, dried and dressed he heard a horn beep from out the front. How could Harry be here already? It was only- he stopped his thoughts and looked at the time on his phone -8 o'clock. He sighed and hurried down the stairs and toward the waiting car.

PUBLISHED~04/SEP/2018