I walked to the kitchen but stopped when I saw the lights in the kitchen was on. I was sure I switched it off. I heard the clattering of dishes in the kitchen. Oh my goodness, there was a thief in the house. I slowly walked and picked one of the lamps and then quietly made my way to the kitchen. Whoever was in there was gonna get it hot from me. As I got in, relief washed over me seeing that it was my boss in there and that he was eating the food I made from him. But then again, I felt like a dummy holding a lamp.

His back was facing me as he ate peacefully. "Stop acting like a dumb ass, walking about with a lamp. You think a thief would be stupid enough to get in here?" He asked nonchalantly.

My mouth hung open. How did he know I was holding a lamp. For Pete's sake he wasn't looking at me. I walked back to the sitting room and kept the lamp, walking back to the kitchen. Then I made my way to the fridge and got out a bottle of milk. I didn't want to say anything cause I knew myself very well, it wasn't difficult to blurt out something stupid.

I could feel his eyes on me and I immediately became aware of what I was wearing. I didn't even have a bra on. My face flushed at once. I knew how red I already was. I immediately walked behind the counter so he wouldn't see me well. "Nice nightie." He said casually.

I poured some milk in the glass and drank half way. "Thank you." I really wanted to say something. I desperately needed to talk. "You like the food?"

He nodded, still no expression on his face.

"You still mad at me?" I needed to thread carefully.

He shook his head. At least he wasn't. I smiled a little. I needed to know about my mother's whereabouts. "Uh...can I ask you a question?"

"You've already been asking a lot of questions, why take permission now?" He asked after drinking some water.

I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. He was right. "Did you find my mom already?"

He nodded and it felt like the weight of all my problems were being lifted off my shoulders. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "She's in good shape. But when we go back to Manhattan, I'm sending you both back to Ohio."

My eyes widened. "What?"

"You guys need to leave." He said like he just didn't care about our opinion.

I shook my head and folded my arms in front of me. I knew I was gonna loose my patience with him. "You can't just send us away, mister. You just don't make such decisions. I have school and my mom has a job. We left Ohio for personal reasons and you just feel like you can send us back?"

He looked at me. Clearly surprised that I spoke to him in that manner. "Watch your tongue when talking to me. We're not mates."

The nerve of this guy. "Well watch your decisions. I don't know what's wrong with you? Do you think you're the only one with bruised feelings here? First you almost knocked me down, then you made me loose my job, forced me to work for you, got me into your mess, dragged my mom into it as well, brought me to Italy and now you just want to send us back to Ohio. What about my education? My friends? My mom? Did you even think of all that? You don't own me so you can't control me." I retorted angrily. With him, one minute was peaceful and the next, I don't even know. I didn't even know what got into me. Maybe it was my PMS. It definitely was my PMS. But I knew it felt good to let out all my frustrations.

He ran his fingers through his hair and I knew he was controlling his anger but I didn't care. "You're leaving and that's final."

"You know what, you're sick. You're crazy in the head. I'm not gonna waste my time talking to a mentally deranged person like you." I didn't even know where I got the courage to talk to him like this. It definitely was my PMS reacting. I don't even know what got into me.

He took a step towards me, his eyes darkening. "Take that back."

I shook my head. My heart was about to explode in my chest out of fear. I was terrified. "Or else?" I still managed to ask.

He walked over to me, taking slow steps at a time. I was already leaning against the counter so there was no way to run. I gulped. He was gonna kill me, that I knew for sure. He pulled out his knife from his pocket. His eyes were dark as night. I couldn't even make my brain to think of my last prayer, tears were already forming up in my eyes. He brought the knife close to my neck, making it impossible to even gulp.

D-dear God...pl-lease help...help me.

As if on cue, his phone rang. I knew it was an important call since he stepped back and walked out of the room to answer it.

Man that was close. I'll have died.

___________________________________

Do vote my loves.