chapter - jonah marais | sad

"...and we've been hanging out. i like her a lot, y/n. i'm sorry"

jonah keeps talking and talking, but the only thing she can focus at that moment is those last words, those words that make her heart ache.

i like her a lot.

i'm sorry.

y/n's vision becomes blurry, making the
sight of his "boyfriend" apologizing countless times blurry too.

"but i never cheated on you, y/n. i promise" jonah tries to, in some way, make his girlfriend's hurt expression less hurt. he's never felt so terrible, but he doesn't feel bad for himself. it's what he gets for hurting such a beautiful person as y/n.

he hates how much he is hurting her, but he doesn't want to lie to her anymore.

"i'm sorry. please say something" the brunette begs to the girl in front of him, who now has tears running down by her cheeks.

he hates himself.

y/n clears her throat, trying to swallow the lump that has formed in there. she tries to hold back the tears.

it hurts, a lot.

"i just...um, it's alright" y/n speaks softly, feeling her chest burn in pain, asking to let out a sob that she is not going to let out.

her answer confuses jonah, but he just remains silent, looking down at his feet. he can't stand knowing he's caused so much pain to y/n, to his lovely girlfriend.

he believes he doesn't feel the same way as before, but he still cares about her like crazy.

"i just wish...i was enough for you" y/n whispers this.

jonah shakes his head, wanting to say that it wasn't her fault at all, that she shouldn't feel that way, that what she just said is a lie, but the broken sigh y/n lets out interrupts him.

she stands up and walks to her door, opening it.

"i think you should go" she says, trying so hard to not break down in front of him.

"y/n please-

"jonah, we're good" y/n assures him. she only needs to be alone right now, she wants to break down but it's not gonna happen in front of jonah, "you didn't do anything wrong. you can't choose who to love" she lets out a few more tears, wondering what she did wrong to not deserve jonah marais love, "you are trying to be happy and if that goal doesn't include me, i'm not going to be mad at you for that"

jonah stands up, looking directly at her, who has her eyes glued to her shoes. y/n looks up because of the silent seconds, finding jonah with that damn look, the look that made her think that he was in love with her.

but he wasn't, and he isn't.

"but i do need you to be happy. i care about you, y/n" he says walking towards his now, ex girlfriend.

"jonah, stop. just...don't. you're making this harder" this time y/n sobs quietly, shutting her eyes to try to think that this isn't actually happening. she starts closing the door softly, jonah's face begging her to let him talk as she motions him to exit her apartment.

jonah seems to want to say more, but y/n closes the door, stopping him from saying anything else.

she wants to hate him, but the words she said to him were true. she thinks like that. the pain she feels is because she wanted to be the one who made him happy forever.

she wanted a book, while he seemed to only want a chapter.

//

yeah im also sad and shit

part ii? :)

12/ 24/ 18