Trouble

Why do I always get the Second Chapter? Anyway Melanie Here.

I arrived at school the next day. I wasn't looking forward to it. I had spent a lot of my time ice skating. I was still sore. from last night. Not as sore as I was when I had been a Superhero. Did I miss my powers? At first yeah I did. But after a while I realized how much Being a superhero was stressing me. I was a lot less sore that was for sure. If someone before today had asked Do you want you powers back? I would have said no way. I grabbed things from my locker and closed the door and headed for class.

As I walked down the halls I passed a person I hadn't seen before. I normally didn't pay much attention to new people but something about that person caught my eye. She had long red hair. She was wearing a trench coat, some black pants or leggings I couldn't tell which, and black snow boots. That's odd I though. It was March. You don't where snow boots in the middle of march. Especially if there is no snow on the ground.

Just as I was going to ask this women who she was the warning bell rang. If I didn't hurry I was going to be late to class. I raced down the hallway as fast as I could. I got into class and sad down just as the bell rang. "Your late Miss Smith." my teacher said.

"No," I said puzzled, "I arrived just before the bell rang. I'm not late."

"Ah, there you are mistaken. See if you are not here at least a minute before you are late. try to keep that clear dear. I know you can struggle at it looking at your attendance from last year."

The class burst into laughter. I got so angry that I almost wanted to yell at him. I had been late last year but that wasn't my fault. Sometimes it was because of a hero thing. When Titania was gone I had to keep cover for her and for Lauren when she was in a coma. That was hard work. I had to make it look like they got up early. That was before I realized that I could just say they were going on a field trip for multiple days. However that was in the past now that didn't have any affect at all. I had just had a hard time sleeping. It felt like someone had been watching me.

The class seemed to go by fast even with many laughing at me. As soon as the bell rang I grabbed my things and almost ran out the door. "Just a minute Miss Smith." My teacher said .

I stopped and walked over to the desk. The rest of the class seemed to be in a hurry now. As soon as the class left he started to talk. "Miss Smith , why have you not turned in the permission slip for the field trip?"

 "Because I have already been to it. I went to H.A.D. Labs last year. And once is good enough for me."

"I see. You do know that it is for a grade right?" He asked .

 "Yes but can't I do something else instead of going there?"

 "I suppose we could find something else."

 "Really? Thank you so much. "

I ran to the classroom that had my next class as fast as I could. I sat down next to Lauren. She looked at me and asked "Did your science teachers hold you back?" she asked.

"Yeah it was about the field trip to H.A.D Labs."

"Didn't we go to that last year?"

"Yeah we did. That's why I didn't turn in the slip. But I might get something else."

"Maybe you'll join our field trip." Lauren suggested.

"Maybe."

I started getting my stuff out for the next class. I saw Lauren trying to decide if she should say something. She seemed to decided against it. and turned back to her book and started to look through it. Danielle came into the room and sat behind us. She looked bored like she would rather be somewhere else. Out of all of us I think she suffered the most out of not being superheros anymore. They said they would work on getting our powers back but it had been almost a year since we had lost our powers. We had all given up on getting back our powers in about December. But sometimes it seemed like she was still longing for the day she would be able to get her powers back. Just then the bell rang and our history teacher walked into the class room.