"But you are not the only one who decides whether you lose me or not Matt."

"Inaya?"

She had a strict and sharp expression on her face. She hid her tears because she couldn't believe that the only friend she made in this new place also betrayed her. Now even after two years, Canada was new to her and now that she experienced this, she felt as if she was a tourist, an unknown stranger to the place, nothing of this country is hers, it isn't home and it isn't providing her with the peace of home. The people, they are also strange to her. Those she trusted also became strangers and it didn't take long for all to collapse. 

She was stood still while all these thoughts and feelings crossed her mind back an forth when Matt's voice hit her ears.

"Inaya, please talk to me. Please. I am sorry". 

"I am sorry too Matt. But this can't continue. It really can't. No matter how much I try, I won't able to even consider this now. I think we should end it here."

"Inaya please! No!" He held her hand as she opened the main door for him so he could leave.

"Just leave me alone Matt."

Matt left without protesting further. Inaya ran up to her room and drowned her head in the pillow to cry out her heart. 

----------

"Bhai, what's up? You have been upset all day. What's the matter?"

"Nothing. I am fine. I didn't sleep well last night so just feeling low". 

 He didn't want to tell her what he had dealt with, he was angry at Inaya but he didn't want Aliya to be disappointed at what happened because it would make their friendship suffer. He didn't want that. Deep down he knew Inaya wasn't at fault so despite his anger, he was considerate enough for Aliya to remain in contact with Inaya so both don't lose a friend in each other. 

"I was thinking, it has been a while since I last made Pasta so shall I make some today? Pretty sure food is the only thing that will cheer you again." Aliya teased Ahsan with a smile. 

"True that. But make sure it is cooked well or else I will take everyone out for dinner and you will be left with your pasta". 

"Over my dead body." 

Both shared a laughter and Aliya got up and walked towards the kitchen and left Ahsan who was in deep thoughts after sharing a tiny moment of joy with his dear sister. 

----------

The Next day

"Hi."

"Hi."

Ahsan broke the painful silence between the two and spoke again: "Why did you call? Wait were you meant to call someone else and you by mistakenly called me?"

"I am sorry. I am really sorry." Her voice was heavy and her tone was weak, his heart ached hearing her frail voice. 

"Inaya?"

She was struggling to speak but he could sense she trying to control her crying on the phone.

"Inaya are you crying?"

Still no response but the sound of crying only. 

"Inaya, please stop crying and talk to me. What's wrong?"

"I am sorry Ahsan. I am so sorry." She said it again though trembled.

"First of all, stop crying. Secondly, you don't need to apologise for anything."

"No but..."

"Listen to me, and stop crying. You are so far that I can't even console you. So hearing you cry is paining my heart Inaya. Please stop crying."

"I want to come back right now. I don't want to stay here. I feel like the longing to see my family, the longing to be back and the longing to see you..." she paused and he shed a tear as he her say this.

"I want to come back home. I miss everyone. I feel like suddenly this place is haunting me. I feel so alone." She couldn't stop crying as she said this. Her heart was at ease speaking to Ahsan who always understood her. Speaking to him made her feel like a huge weight was lifted off her heart. 

"I don't know about Canada but in London no airport will let you enter the country if you just cried. You got to come by an aeroplane my friend". 

He heard her little chuckle and smiled thinking she is smiling.

"Now that you are smiling, I feel accomplished. Instead of wasting your precious tears, spend your precious dollars to buy a ticket back to London. Who's stopping you? Come right back!"

He understood her and he knew he successfully made her feel better. The tears were fading away and her eyes were beaming as she smiled thinking she wants to go back home, close to her beloveds. 

"Yeah I will book the earliest flight and get back."

"Perfect!" 

"Ahsan".

"What is it?"

"Don't tell anyone that I am coming back, I will surprise them. Only you know. Okay?"

"Why did you spoil the surprise for me young lady?"

"Because you are picking me from airport."

He smiled hearing her changed tone that became instructive. "Woah! You aren't even asking but throwing orders. Okay then!!" 

"Kidding, of course I will come and get you. You have no idea how much I have waited for this."

They ended the call on a good note. Both were smiling and both were feeling the sense of relief and peace thinking they will see each other after this long. When Inaya left, they weren't on good terms but both didn't realise that the distance of geography and time only brought them close. 

----------

An update sooner than usual. So let me know what you guys think! Waiting for your feedback!