Chapter 16

"Aliya any more update? Have you got in touch with Ahsan since then?"

"No Inaya, his phone continues to be switched off. Baba came home and I told him, he called Mustafa bhai and he is gone out to city to find him and has contacted police."

"My God, I hope he comes back safe. I will try and go out to see if I find him somewhere. Keep me updated please."

"Ofcourse."

***********

11pm in the evening, dark night, isolated streets of the busiest city in the whole of the United Kingdom. London would get quiet by night since less tourists exploring, children gone to bed and elders preparing to sleep. London is called the city of hearts, the city of lights and the city of life. But as Ahsan walked through those streets of London, he felt deprived all three things that make London.

Fear of losing his friend or fear of losing his love, what hurt him more: he was unable to decide. But he felt the weakest and had walked all day and most of night around the city like a lost tourist as if even his home city is not his either. He felt no relationship belonged to him, he started to think that every relative or closed one was going to leave him just like Firdous did and now Inaya will.

Tired of the constant walking, Ahsan decided to take a break and sat down on the bench placed outside a supermarket in South London. There came the roaring voice of a girl from the other side of the street: "AHSAN!"

Ahsan turned back to see it was Inaya.

"You here?"

"Are you mad? Are you in your senses or what? Who leaves the house like this for the whole day and doesn't bother to contact anyone. What even Ahsan? Have you got any idea how tensed and worried Uncle, Aliya and Mustafa are for you. Like are you really this foolish or you do it deliberately?" Within seconds, she blurted out all these words in anger and frustration.

"Why should I care or worry about all of them when one by one every relation I feel an association with decides to leave me. Alone."

"Ahsan..."

"First my childhood, my happy memories were taken away by my abduction, then as I began to move on with life now, Mama left me. And now you want to leave to. What have I done to go through all this? As much as I hate being alone, everyday I feel my isolation and loneliness is getting worse."

Inaya placed her hand on his hand and said: "Never think you are alone. You have your father, your siblings, you have me and last but not the least, you have Allah. You are therefore not alone."

The unrelenting tears raced down from Ahsan's eyes and Inaya was quick to wipe them with her hands.

"Ahsan, no one, when I say no one, I mean no one in this world deserves to be alone. No one around you wants you to be alone. All of them want you to be happy, lively and getting along with everyone. They want you happy. I want you happy. Please stop paining yourself, you are a brave heart, and you deserve to be happy and you deserve all the best. You are not alone."

"You leaving to Canada and going away for three years makes me feel like someone is taking away a part of my life. If you will leave, I will be alone so don't console me when you have decided everything."

"That's why I wanted to meet you so you help me decide and instead you walked off. I wanted your help, your suggestions and you just left not realising how would I feel. On top of all that, you decide to be so unsafe and careless that you have not been in contact with anyone have been out all day in the city. That's not safe Ahsan!"

"Inaya, I don't want you to leave. Here, I said it. But I don't want you to sacrifice your life opportunities over me either. I am no one to influence your decision."

"I was angry and decided that I will go to Canada but I think I shouldn't because London Police can't even find you when you are lost so if I am not here and you do this foolish act again, who will find you? I got to be here because of this. Decided. I am not going. Now don't get too excited and think I am not going because of you. I changed my mind because I feel sorry for the London police."

"I am sorry."

"If you do this stupidity again, watch me be the most loud and angry at you. Now let me ring Aliya, poor London Police, out of all the issues in the city, they have to find you."

Both shared a laugh and then walked towards Ahsan's house. Before continuing to walk ahead, Inaya suddenly stopped and turned towards Ahsan. She moved closer, smiled at him and embraced him with a hug. Ahsan wasn't expecting it but he hugged her back. A feeling of solace and comfort took over his confused and conflicted mind and heart. As they continued to walk again, Inaya softly took hold of his hand and Ahsan didn't resist either. Her presence was giving him the calm and peace he searched throughout the day.

*******

"Thankyou Inaya beta. You appeared like an angel who found Ahsan safe otherwise I had got so tensed."

"No uncle, its all your prayers that we found Ahsan safe."

"I am sorry Baba. I promise I won't do this again. I am so sorry." Ahsan hugged his father and cried.

"It's okay. But that's an one off. Please don't do this to me again. You are my everything Ahsan, I cannot imagine my life without you all, my children."

******

Late update again. I am so sorry. Finally another chapter. Do share your feedback please. Will be waiting.