|33.we have a winner|

veronica

finn came downstairs smiling like an idiot as i shook my head behind him. "well i wasn't expecting that expression from someone who just got rejected," wyatt told finn. finn punched him in the back of the head before jumping over the couch and sitting next to him.

"i gotta go to jaedens," i told him and he just looked at me telling me he already knew that. "i'm gonna walk."

"yeah don't get mugged," wyatt said and waved me off as i opened the door. "don't get sexually active either."

"i am leaving goodbye!" i yelled and slammed the door behind me. i heard finn and wyatt laughing behind the door and scoffed and made my way down the path. jaeden didn't live too far, but i ran down to his house anyways.

i knocked on his door completely out of breath and hoped it was him who answered it. thankfully it was. "jaeden!" i said and leapt to hug him.

"veronica?" he said surprised, but hugged me back. "what are you doing here? and why are you so out of breath?"

"i needed to talk to you," i let him go and bent over to catch my breath for a few seconds. "and i just sprinted from my house." i pointed behind me.

"all the way from wyatt's?" he asked himself, "here i'll go get you water." he tried to go back inside but i shot up and grabbed his hoodie sleeve.

"no, i seriously need to talk to you," i said.

"yeah we can talk when you catch your breath," jaeden said and went inside anways. he came back out with a bottle of water and handed it to me as he shut his front door. by the time he came back i wasn't as hot and sweaty and i could sort of breathe.

"so what's so important that you just sprinted four blocks?" jaeden asked and sat down on his door step.

"well," i said and sat down next to him. "i like a guy."

"you.. ran here.. to tell me.. you like someone?" jaeden asked and then muttered under his breath, "great."

"yeah, sort of," i answered.

"well i already know you like finn," he responded, "you could've just texted me." he stood up and i stood up after him.

"no it's not finn," i said.

"really? it's not?" he asked and i nodded. "jack?"

"jacks an asshole."

"noah?"

"he's just my friend."

"well.. who then?" he asked and then thought to himself. "wyatt?"

"jaeden!" i yelled, "it's you!"

"what?" he asked and stopped everything all together. he looked dumbfounded as he stared back at me. "you- what- huh? but.. finn?"

"you sound surprised," i told him. did he really think it was so unlikely he guessed my own brother before guessing himself?

"i am," he said honestly. "i mean how could a girl like you.. like me?"

"jaeden, come on," i said, "you've saved my life so many times. when i was in seattle, when i got here, you still are."

"i-i- really?" he stuttered. if anyone heard him now it wouldn't seem like he faked his stutter for bill denbrough.

"i'd be dead without you, jaeden lieberher."

"i'm so glad i met you then, veronica middleton," he spoke with some sort of regained confidence. after he said that he put his hand on my face and leant down. i kissed back immediately and i instantly got butterflies. i did like finn, i really did, but when i kissed jaeden it felt more right. like it was everything i had ever been waiting for.