|21.stop being dumb, you like her|

after a really deep conversation with finn about what we were jaeden and wyatt came back in without warning. they told us they didn't hear anything but wyatt smirked at finn, so im assuming that he is assuming things. wyatt brought his nintendo switch so we could all play it. while we were all busy my phone dinged and jaeden picked it up for me.

"jack?" he asked, "you've been talking to jack?"

"a little," i answered, still looking at the screen, "he messaged me." i saw finn look over at me when i answered.

we decided we weren't dating, but that we probably both liked each other. i did tell him i was going out with jack next week though. maybe i really was a slut.

"did you tell him?" jaeden said and set my phone back down.

"that im in the hospital? no."

"why didn't you tell him?" wyatt asked.

"i barely know him," i answered, "also he said that he likes me so like."

finn spit out the water that he was drinking and wyatt paused the game, "girl what?" he asked and turned around to look at me, his curls flopping over his face as he did so.

"yeah-uh-what?" finn asked and i laughed slightly at him. jaeden looked between finn and i and then asked finn to talk outside, what's that about? then wyatt propped his hands up and cleared his throat, "spill."

"fine!" i threw my hands up, "he told me he liked me, and we're going out next week."

"oOoOooOoOo!" wyatt yelled.

"hold your horses," i slapped him and he shut up, "because im 75% i like finn."

"you like finn!"

"jesus christ!" i said and slapped a hand over his mouth, "keep it DOWN would you?"

"what does he not know?"

"no, he knows."

"then why!"

"because i don't want jaeden to know."

"sorry how does that make sense?" wyatt asked.

"because, it-" i stopped and thought, "because it does, alright?"

jaeden

"what's up with you two?" i asked finn after the door to veronica's hospital room shut. i dragged him out here to talk about him and her, because there were some questionable interactions between them going on in there, "i thought you said you didn't want to date her."

"hey..no," finn said, "i said i wouldn't ask her out, not that i didn't want to."

"well are you going to?"

"i mean.." finn trailed, "she said that..nevermind."

"she said what now?" i sassed and stopped him from walking back into the room.

"she said she was pretty sure that she liked me," he said and i felt my heart drop, "and we kissed again, but don't get mad!"

"me? mad? why would i get mad?" i asked.

"you're mad," finn said. to stop him from going in the room i had grabbed his arm and my grip on his arm tightened as he kept talking, "you are definitely mad."

"no im not!" i said, "i have no reason to be mad!"

"i think you have a reason you just haven't realized yet," finn said.

"why do people keep saying that!" i yelled, "im not mad."

"so if i went in there right now.." finn said and i nodded, "and asked her out, and then she said yes, you would feel..?"

"mad..no! happy," i said, "i'd feel.. happy."

"stop being dumb dude, you like her," finn told me.

"no i do not," i said, "dude, just go ask her out."

"stop acting like you're in second grade!" finn said and slapped me, "you like her!"

"no i dont!"

"yes you do!" finn said, "and so do i, so what do we do?"

"you ask her out," i argued, "1. because she likes YOU 2. because i dont like her."

"wouldnt not liking her be the first one?" finn asked smirking.

"why are you smirking! i like her..what? i mean you like her!"

"jaeden!" finn shook me, "stop doing this! just say you like her!"

"i dont..i dont like her," i said and then thought. no, i didnt, i definitely didnt.

she was just really funny, cute, and nice, and the best person ever. always there for me, always there to talk to, exactly my type for a girlfriend. and i don't want to kiss her ever.. and i dont.. think about her all the time, and i..shit.

"i like her," i muttered, "holy shit! i like her."

"thank god," finn said and facepalmed.

"but..she likes you, and you like her."

"i know, exactly, so what do we do?"

we looked at each other for a second, "fuck," we said at the same time.