Chapter 5

No one ever really knows if they are ready to die. They might believe they are but they would never know unless they were to die right then and there. Death wasn't like movies at all. Not everyone died with their eyes closed or looking beautiful. It all happened in rather a slow motion kind of way. These were the things that were going through you mind as you fell to what you believed was your death. You had done many great things in your life and some things that you regretted. Most of all you regret never trying to get back in touch with Loki. He had been your world. You were proud of yourself for not thinking of him in years. You thought you had finally gotten over him, but in your time of dying, he was all you could think about. All the days you didn't get together, all the things you wished you had said. All the adventures you missed out on. That now you could never go on. As you were finally almost to the ground. The last thing you expected to happen did. Someone caught you. At first you thought it was one of the alien creatures so you screamed and clawed at the being to try and get away. But it held onto you so tightly that there was no escape.
"Calm down, your safe now." was the only thing he said at first.
You couldn't believe what you had heard. It couldn't be him after all these years. After all the horrible things he had said to you that night.
" I got you." he continued.
Yep it was him. Your knight in shining armor was none other than Loki. You didn't know what to say so you just didn't speak. He landed on the Stark tower a few seconds later. You stood shaking slightly, somewhat due to the near death experience and somewhat due to your ex saving you while flying through the sky. Next thing you knew the Thor was landing a few feet from both of you. You were currently hidden behind Loki and Thor didn't seem to notice.
"Brother, You can end this" Thor said.
You were confused as to why he was calling Loki his brother when it hit you. They were both Odinsons. You never knew he had a brother until now, never made the connection. But then that would mean that the Loki you knew was a god from a whole other world. Your first kiss had been with an alien. Now you were starting to freak out.
"Now why would I do that?" Loki sneered.
That scared you. You had never heard him talk like this. So dark and angry. Thor hearing someone begin hyperventilating accused Loki of having a hostage and demanded you be released.
" She is none of your concern, brother." Loki replied annoyed.
"She has done you no harm, leave her be." Thor countered.
" That's not entirely true."Loki said.
Thor was left confused and with many questions because just then Loki swept you into his arms and teleported away from the city and his apparent brother.
After landing in a small park on the outskirts of the city, Loki set you on your feet and tried to calm you down.
" (y/n) you need to breathe. Match my breaths. In. Out. In. Out."
" Why did you save me?" you asked once your breathing evened out.
" because you needed saving." Loki replied as if it was obvious.
" yes I know that but why did you do it. You broke up with me and said all those horrible things. Why would you care enough to come save me?" you asked before the adrenaline from the past few minutes wore off.
" Because now, you are mine." he said cooly.
"What?" you said confused.
" you are mine now, little one." He repeated.
And with that you passed out.
When you woke up you were in a strange room and you were all alone. Everything was white, including your clothes. You didn't even remember changing. At first you didn't remember what had happened. Last thing you remembered you were in an interview for a new job. Then everything started to come crashing back. You fell with a building, got saved by your ex and then passed out and now you were gods knows where(apparently it's gods because there's more than one god). You decided to try and open the door, but it wouldn't budge. So you sat back on the bed in what you presumed was a hospital room and waited. It felt like forever before the door finally opened revealing none other than Thor. You scooted back until you hit the wall and curled your knees to your chest. You didn't fully understand why you were afraid of one of the avengers but at the moment you didn't question it. Thor put up his hands to gesture that he meant you no harm. You were still wary.
" Hey, I'm Thor," you scoffed at that, " I just wanted to ask you a few questions." he said. "Is that alright?"
You nodded your head slowly not knowing if you would actually answer his questions or not.
"What's your name?" he asked.
"(y/n) (y/l/n)" you replied.
"So how did you end up with Loki?" he asked.
"Which time?" you asked him right back.
"Umm, well let's start with the most recent." he replied.
So you told him the events that led up to you disappearing with Loki.
At first he just sat there and just let everything sink in then asked about the first time you had met his brother. Then you told him that story from years ago and how it had ended. He was a little dumbfounded to hear his brother attended a midgardian high school. You didn't know what midgardian meant but you just ignored it. You had some questions of your own.
"Why was Loki in New York? Why was he flying? How did we teleport? Why did he save me?" you asked in a rush. Thor looked like he was having an internal battle before he told you what you had asked aside from why you were saved. He said how Loki had planned world domination. How he used chitari technology to fly, and how he was able to teleport using sedir. He had no response as to why his brother saved you. He said his only guess was because of your previous relationship. Thor ended up leaving shortly after that saying you were staying here for your own protection against Loki. Then you were left alone, only brought meals three times a day. You had lost count how many meals you had had since waking up. You would have recurring nightmares and panic attacks. After what felt like months, you couldn't take it anymore. You had to get out. Seeing that no one would let you out. You did the only thing you could think of. You tried to end your own life. Tried, because as soon as you had slit both arms and were bleeding everywhere nurses came in and went to sedate you so they could stitch you up. When they went to grab you you freaked out and what happened next surprised not only the nurses but yourself as well. When you screamed and coward away from the nurses two large wings surrounded you covering and blocking you from the nurses. As this happened your cuts also healed themselves. You were shocked and confused as to what's wings were surrounding you. You thought if only these wings would move then you could see who it was. But as you thought this the wings moved and you found that they were your wings. All the nurses had cleared out of the room in fear of you. You took the time to look over the wings that were now attached to your back. You ran your hands along the feather that were as soft as silk and as black as night. You marveled at their beauty. Your transe was broken however as a group of people barged into the room with weapons all pointed at you. You squeaked in surprise and fright and your wings wrapped around you again. You hadn't seen who all had come into the room but you weren't surprised when you heard a familiar voice.
"(y/n), can you come out and maybe explain how you have wings." Thor asked.
You peeked out from behind your wings and saw that everyone had lowered their weapons upon hearing your squeak. The people standing in front of you were the avengers. You couldn't believe it. You were in the presence of the avengers and they were afraid of you. Some of these people were trained assassins and they were scared of you a teacher. Thor saw you peeking and spoke up again.
"We aren't going to hurt you (y/n) we just want some answers." he said
" I don't have them" you replied so softly you were sure you wouldn't be heard.
"How do you not have answers? There are wings sticking out of your back!" Iron man demanded.
You coward at his loud angry and annoyed voice. Your wings surrounding you once again, but this time they started to change color. Appearing to turn a dark green shade.That is when Spiderman stepped in and told everyone else to leave. They all gave him a look that said 'whatever your funeral' but they all left, iron man being the most reluctant to go.
" (y/n) it's alright it's me, peter." spiderman said removing his mask. You looked over your wings again and stared when you saw peter looking back at you in the spiderman costume. You got up and ran hugging him tightly. He sputtered and asked you to move your wings. You apologised and moved away. Peter asked you about your wings and you said this was the first time you had seen them. Peter said that you were most likely a mutant that just came out late. Probably due to your stressful circumstances. Once you had calmed down the team came back in and ran some tests on you. They concluded that you were in fact a mutant. They told you that they would be moving you to a new room that was more of an apartment since they knew you weren't a threat but they would still be keeping you here for your protection. You settled into your new life as well as anyone could expect. You were living with superheros after all.
    Months had passed and you learned how to control your wings. You could now fly and retract them when you wanted to. You loved to fly. It quickly became a part of your life. When you were flying nothing else mattered or bothered you. That was until you started seeing him when you would fly. Loki would come to you whenever you were in the air. You thought it was just your imagination. That you were just lonely and heartbroken again. You never answered the projections of Loki. But you finally were so tired and lonely that you just lost it. You were flying one night over the city when you saw him. He was hovering and then landed on a building. You couldn't take it any longer so you landed by him and just started screaming.
"WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" you wailed.
"I want a chance to explain." he said.
"Explain what?" you demanded. "You broke up with me. Then years later came to the rescue and then vanished again. What else is there to explain?"
"Why it all happened that way." he replied.
You somehow thought that maybe if you finally listened to this illusion that it would leave you alone. So you let it or him or whatever this was. He told you where he had been going. He had been visiting asgard and his mother. He almost never got the chance to so when he started again he couldn't stop himself from going all the time. He told you that he was afraid of what you would think of him knowing he lied to you about himself. So he pushed you away and left. He said how much it hurt him to do that and how sorry he was for it.
" That doesn't explain New York" you told what you thought was the figment of your imagination.
"No, no it doesn't" he replied. Then he told you what happened after he returned home. How he had thought Thor wasn't fit to be king and his scheme to prevent him from getting the throne. How it had backfired and ended with him falling off the bifrost and into the hands of someone called Thanos. How he was tortured and then put under mind control to do his bidding. Which just happened to be taking over earth.
    You didn't know what to say. You still thought this was all in your head so you decided to just leave and not say anything. As you brought out your wings and started to take off. Loki's image grabbed your arm. You were shocked, it was him. He was back and he was here touching you. Now you really didn't know what to do. He had just told you why he had left you and attacked earth. You couldn't really think of a reason to think he was lying. This story was just too fantastical to make up. So you faced your fears and asked the question that had been bothering you for years.
"Did you ever love me?"