Chapter 4

As far as first kisses go, it was beyond amazing. Never had you dreamt that it would feel that good. Then again you never would have thought it would be with Loki, but here you are kissing still. Once you finally pulled away for air, you looked into his eyes and knew that he would be the only one for you. You could tell he enjoyed the kiss as well from his blown pupils and slightly heavy breathing. Not long after you both caught your breath, Loki went in for another kiss. That is how you spent the rest of prom, kissing each other and finally feeling like you belonged.
    Fast forward to graduation and you walked with each other and celebrated your accomplishments. You ended up going to the same college as each other. You studied to be a teacher and Loki studied politics. At the end of you senior year of college you moved in together. that's when things took a turn for the worst. Loki kept very strange hours and when you asked him about it he would just change the subject or brush off your questions. Sadly the little voice in your head finally managed to persuade you into thinking Loki was cheating on you and that he didn't love you. So acting on your fears you confronted him. He didn't take it well. He couldn't believe that you would think he would do that to you, but all you were hearing was that he didn't deny your accusations. You pressed again and he told you it was over. You left with tears in your eyes and went to the only place you could think, Maddies. You were heartbroken, Loki was your first love. You thought you would never find something like this ever again. Maddy was the best friend you could ever hope for. She supported you through your whole breakup and grieving process. After several long months you could properly function again. You'd lost contact with Loki after the whole breakup and had no idea how he'd taken it. You hoped he was doing better than you were. Even though you broke up you still wanted him to be happy and okay despite the pain he had caused you.
    One evening, while you were out with some friends from college. You ran into someone you hadn't seen in forever. You bumped into Peter. You'd known him during your early childhood. Man had he hit puberty and walked away better for it. His soft brown hair and amazing personality were still your favorite parts of him.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there." Peter said.
"It's no problem." you replied.
" Do I know you?" he asked.
" I think we used to go to school together. I'm (y/n) (y/L/n)."
"That's right third grade, yeah, we were some odd children." Peter chuckled.
" Yeah, we would pretend we were superheros."
" ha those were the days. So what are you up to nowadays?"
" oh just working, I actually teach now if you can believe it." you replied.
" You, the girl who wanted to burn the school down, teaches. That is hard to believe." he chuckled.
"Yeah doesn't seem right I guess. So what are you up to now?"
" oh just doing some reporting. I'm a journalist."
" Yeah, Yeah aren't you the spiderman guy?" you asked.
Peter seemed to pale at that question.
" W-what do you mean?" he asked nervous for some reason.
" that your the one who always gets the amazing spiderman photos." you answered.
" oh, yeah haha. That's me."
" Well it was nice running into you. We should hang-out and catch up sometime.
"Yeah totally," he replied.
And with that you and Peter rekindled your childhood friendship. You grew more close to each other as the years went by, but it was only a great friendship and nothing more.
    After some years, you found yourself in New York applying for a teaching position. In the middle of you interview you could make out screams coming from outside. Everyone in the room went to the window to see what was going on. When you finally saw what was happening outside you couldn't believe it. There were aliens flying around New York. Real life aliens. So everyone did the only logical thing they new to do. They ran outside screaming and trying to get away from said aliens. You on the other hand. Stayed inside and did the opposite. You ran to the top of the building telling anyone you happened to cross to get out and get to safety. During all of this, one of the big whaleish aliens had rammed into the side of the building you were in. Now fearing more for your life you decided to actually make it to the top of the building. Once outside on the roof you couldn't believe your eyes. There were aliens everywhere. Ransacking the entire city. Once you were certain you weren't hallucinating you tried calling for help. That didn't work as you got a busy signal when you tried calling 911. You were screwed. There was no way down and no one coming to help you Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse the building started to move. Slowly at first, then it started gaining momentum. As you were standing on a collapsing building about to fall off the only words that came out of your mouth were, " oh shi......" and then you fell.