Chapter 8

"Diamond spikes," I said darkly, I could feel the surge of chakra sending the diamonds through the dirt. As soon as they hit the surface and walls I heard the ninja's screams. They weren't pleasant but I'm so used to them that they just don't bother me. "Retreat," I said and the wall and spikes retreated back under the ground, I looked at their bloodied figures and walked up to them, I looked at one and put my hand on his chest, he then gasped for air and opened his eyes, "Go back to where you came from and warn your people to never encounter me and use your friend here as an example why," I said darkly,

He looked at me in pure horror but didn't say anything or make and action so I activated my Kekkei Genkai again "form" I said and formed a diamond spike in my hand and played with it unconsciously, "Are we clear?" I asked, he snapped and nodded his head then grabbed his friend who wasn't dead just unconscious and took off to the trees. my Kekkei Genkai deactivated and once our enemy was far away my breathing became extremely heavy and hard to control and I kneeled down and fell on my butt. 

"Stupid...energy waster," I said putting my hand to my chest as I continued to breathe harshly, I grabbed my canteen and pulled down my mask then drank some water letting some of it trickle down my chin. I put my canteen away and wiped the excess water away then pulled my mask up. I stood up and I got on Sasuke's back, "Thanks for helping out with this situation," I said weakly, he reassuringly smiled which made me smile back. "Which way do we go?" He asked, "Just continue to go straight then we'll make camp," I said, he nodded his head and took to the trees.

He went on for a little bit as my eyes got heavier every jump he made. He stopped in a secluded area and set me down leaning against the tree, I watched him put up the tent once he finished I shakily stood up and walked towards him. I walked up behind him and put my chin on his shoulder, "Thanks," I said before I yawned, He looked at me with his onyx eyes and gave a small smile. "You're not talking too much today," I said. He rolled his eyes and moved his shoulder causing me to fall down and take a mouth full of dirt. "Sasuke," I grumbled in annoyance. 

Then I spit out some of the dirt but then smirked, I ran up to him and smashed my lips on his causing him to take my saliva covered dirt. I backed away and smirked victoriously as he spit it out. I began to laugh as I watched him hurl up the remaining dirt. "Score one for Kazumi," I said fist pumping the air, he glared at me as he spit the last bit of dirt out. He began to run after me and I jumped straight up into the tree branches but my body gave out on me and I fell out of the tree unable to save myself. I was a few meters from the ground until Sasuke caught my falling body bridal style, and that's when I passed out.

                                                                           (NEXT DAY)

"Kazumi wake up," I heard a familiar voice but I couldn't quite tell who it belonged to, I opened my eyes and saw Sasuke hovering over me "What...what happened?" I asked stretching. "You blacked out but I wouldn't worry it was only for the night and the sun is about to rise and we're not too far from our destination," he said I smiled and quickly shout my head up and kissed his cheek, "Thanks for everything you did yesterday and now, I don't know what I would do without you," I said. He smirked and walked over to his cot and picked up his katana,

I stood up and did my hair and teeth, my hair was in a high ponytail and I smiled at the length of my hair. "I'm going to need to trim the split ends soon," I said to myself then rolled my eyes, why am I obsessing over my hair? I walked to my cot and put my cloak on and pulled the hood over my head and pulled the extra cloth connected to my outfit or my mask up, as usual, the only thing showing was my emerald green eyes. I grabbed my sheath and my katana and went toward the nearby river to clean it. It took a few minutes but I got it all cleaned off looking brand new.