Chapter 43 - Simple as this

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 43 - Simple as this

Isco

         The silence between us was killing me, but I think it was killing her more than me. She looked frustrated, and she couldn't shake it off. I was stroking her hair and this did make me feel better. Just having her here made everything better. She was going to be late for her job tomorrow, and it seemed she didn't care. It made me a bit suspicious. She still hadn't told me what she was planning with Joaquin.

         I was wondering if they were planning a surprise birthday party for me, or I don't really know what else it can be. She was playing with the necklace that I had given her, and I remembered her face the day I gave it to her. I liked that she always had it on.

         "I still can't believe we lost." I said again trying to fill the silence with words. I looked over at the wall that was now coming alive with pictures of us. My flat has changed all thanks to her. It had a small feminine touch. Katie turned to me and she nodded.

         "Me too." She stood up and headed towards the kitchen. She served herself a glass of orange juice and started to drink it before coming back. "What can I do to cheer you up?" She said and I knew this was my chance to ask.

         "I know." I said turning to her with a wide smile. "How about you tell me your little secret." I said smiling and she stop dead on her tracks. She shook her head first and it seemed she was debating if she should tell me or not.

         "Give me 5 seconds." She said pulling out her phone. I think she sent Joaquin a text and then put it down. "Fine. I'll tell you." She said sitting next to me on the couch again. "Before I tell you this, I want you to know this was supposed to be a surprised... and a birthday present." She said smiling. She looked at her hands and the cup with orange juice and spoke again. " When we get back from Miami, I won't be going back to Barcelona." She said and I didn't know what to think.

         "What do you mean?" I said and she looked up to me with a priceless smile.

         "I am moving here." She said really excited.

         "What? You want to move in with me without even telling me? How is that a good idea?" I said and she wasn't liking my reaction at all. What made her come up with this without even discussing it with me first. I did notice her leaving things here on purpose, but I never thought this is what she had planned.

         "No silly," She said holding my face, so I could look at her. "Joaquin is helping me find my own place, and that's what I was checking out yesterday. It's amazing, and not far away from your place. It's small too." She said and it was like she couldn't stop talking.

         "Wait. So you want to move here, to Malaga?" I asked and she just nodded at me. I kissed once. "Oh my." I said and I pulled her closer to me. "I can't believe this!" I said kissing her again. "how are you going to pay for it?" I asked finally let it sink it. What was she going to do with her job? What about her best friends?. "What about...." I started to say and she stopped me.

         "Don't worry about that." She said smiling at me. She gave me a warm kiss and I didn't want this to end. This being in my couch and her trying to cheer me up was perfect. "I can make new friends, and they are just a couple of hours away. I will visit them and they promised to visit me." She said and then I asked about the job and she quickly had a response for me.

         "We need to celebrate." I said jumping out of the couch and looking for something to use for celebrating.

         "Did it cheer you up?" She asked putting the cup on the table.

         "Of course it did." I said looking through the fridge.

         "Good."

         I pulled out an old bottle of champagne I had in there and poured just a little bit in two cups. I walked back to the couch and gave one to her. She kissed me before I made a toast.

         "I need to ask you something before the toast." She said taking the cup away from my hand.

         "What is it?" I asked confused.

         "Are you leaving Malaga or renewing your contract?" She asked and I bit my lip. I still hadn't decided anything. Katie didn't know, but she was a factor to my whole decision. I had great offers from lots of clubs, but the only two that caught my attention: Barcelona and Real Madrid. Real Madrid was offering me a really good amount of money. If I do accept it, Katie would never forgive me and she wouldn't have to work. She could have loads of nice things she never had. Barcelona also had a decent amount of money, and Katie won't have to work. I could win the Champions league with either of them... but I don't know.

         "I haven't decided yet," I said looking away from her. "I want to stay, but I am getting pretty good offers." I hadn't spoken to her exactly what each of them were because she had no idea how much she influences my decision.

         "Then I should stop planning." She said about to put the cups on the table.

         "Don't! Keep planning." I said kissing her and taking one of the cups. "I'm happy to know that whatever my decision is you'll be there with me.