Chapter 13 - I broke his heart and he still acts like a sweetheart

[a/n] LUCKY YOU IT WAS A DOUBLE UPDATE DAY. DON'T GO HOPING THIS WILL HAPPEN A LOT NOW, I JUST REALLY LIKE THIS STORY AND ISCO IS MY BB.

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 13 - I broke his heart and he still acts like a sweetheart

Katie

          I always thought that the day I found a love like the one in movies and in Nicholas Sparks books, I would hold on to it and never let go of it, but I did. I destroyed it. I pushed all of my feelings aways and pushed him away. I hated myself for saying those things and hated life for being so cruel. I didn’t know what came over me, but I’m still standing in my room covering my face with my hands and crying. I let go of him and even worse I let her words get to me. I ignored Antonio’s words of reassurance that Isco wasn’t playing with me, but I let my mind take over and I let go of him.

          I walked over to my bed, closed my eyes and cried until I fell asleep. The next morning, I crawled out of bed and walked into the shower. I turned on the warm water and continued to cry. I let the warm water try to calm me down but it wasn’t going to work. I felt empty and I just wanted Isco to hold me. Emma hadn’t said a word to me last night. She must’ve heard me cry myself to sleep, but she probably knew better than to ask. I got out of the shower, got dressed and once I was out of the bathroom I saw Emma waiting for me on my bed.

          “Katie, you didn’t?” She said and I looked away from her and nodded. “Come here,” She said opening her arms and pulling me into a bear hug. We just stood there in silence in each other arms. I just wanted to go every minute I spent here made me want to go see him, and I shouldn’t. “We should get going, that way you won’t run into him.” I nodded again and followed her out of the room.

          I was hiding behind my sunglasses and the only hoodie I had because I didn’t want him to see me like this. I wanted him to remember me with all the good and beautiful moments between us. If he does love me the way he said he did, I want him to remember the happy me not the depressed me. I was leaning against the wall while Emma checked us out of the hotel when I saw Isco again.

          Isco was with Antonio talking. They were sitting in the lobby sofa and Isco’s back was towards Emma and me. He was facing the elevator and it was obvious they were waiting for someone. I was glad Isco wasn’t facing me, that way this would all be easier for him. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and when I opened them Antonio was looking at me. He didn’t react at all. he didn’t smile at me or wave hello, he just looked in my direction and sometimes looked away as if not wanting Isco to notice he had seen me. I closed my eyes again and tried to keep myself together. I wanted to go over there and say I was sorry, but after saying all those things it would be better not to. I can’t.

          I wanted to cry again because my heart was growing warm by just looking the back of his head. I closed my eyes and just wanted to leave. Now I was never going to be a part of Isco’s life, and it was all my fault. I had wanted to keep him a part of my life, but I was the same one to turn him down.

          I was looking at the back of Isco’s head and all I could do was see his face in my mind. I could pretty much see all those cute things he does with his face that I love so much. Like when he leans back on his chair and then when he is looking for the words he wants to say, he looks so deep in thought and beautiful. I love all of those things and so much more, but I loved him most of all.

          Emma finally finished. She stood next to me and saw that I was crying. She looked at the direction I was looking at and she saw him. She turned back to me and I knew what she was going to say.