Chapter 19

"Let me" Blythe took the bowl and ladle from the maid giving her a sweet smile. "Let me serve you, My Lord." She hissed sweetly like a serpent.

"Ah, not worry, Miss Garrick. The help will do their job." Lord Knight replied her in a knowingly. He was hiding his smile whenever he looked at Blythe's desperate attempts to impress him.

"Nah, My Lord. My papa once said that a well bred woman should know how to handle cutlery." Blythe smiled at the Lord idealistically hinting about her inner feelings. Lord Knight understood it. What she was trying to do and why she was doing it, he understood as he was no fool.

Blythe was getting tired of behaving like a person of a below class. She always enjoyed the role of a Town head's daughter; powerful and above all but coming to the castle, it was getting a tedious trade of being at someone else's mercy. No matter if the man who was in charge was the man she fancies but she likes being the one in control.

"Don't dear. Your stay here is for few mere days; once you go back I would be missing being served by you." She liked the relaxed Lord better; it made things clear for her. It was easy to talk and know him better. It was painless to indulge him.

"My Lord! Just command me and I would forever be in your service." Ah, now, wasn't that what he was waiting for? To be able to have complete control on this woman; to have her at his mercy and bend her to do his bidding

Lord Knight gave his ever so famous Cheshire cat grin making Blythe wonder what was running in his brain. In these few days of stay with the Lord, she did understand that the Lord was not a transparent person. He was too twisted and mysterious person that shows only the ice berg of his personality.

There was no qualm that she liked his smile but somewhere deep inside her brain, she was also being conscious and scared.

"What if you couldn't? You are a Lady of a right age to wed and once you start your marital life, you cannot keep your promise, dear." Lord Knight gently provoked Blythe. He was trying her and leading her into his web. He knew that she would get trapped in it without a doubt and he was just playing around innocent and dependent to make the drama healthier.

Oh, how he wished he could laugh out loud! The bliss that Blythe was trying conceal was too amusing.

"I would never break my promise, My Lord. I am known to be a woman of oaths. I give you my word that this subject will serve you according to your will forever." Blythe leaned in confidently and pressed her fingers against the Lord's chest near his heart in a gesture of taking an oath.

Lord Knight did not lean back nor did he stop her from seducing him. He just went with what she was doing to him. He would be enjoying leading the lady before him to fantasies. It would give him a very great amount of thrill to break her fantasies, break her and made her nothing but a mere subject who will be at his beck and call.

"Have a clear thought, Miss Garrick. I take vows fatally and would make certain no one break them in my presence." Blythe just gave him a sweet smile and nodded her head in acceptance.

It was not a vow to him; it was a vow to herself that she would be with him forever. Now that she promised it, she needs to look for methods to achieve it. Looking at the Lord today, it was clear to her that he was slowly getting affected by her. Thus, all she needs to do now is progress gradually and obtain his trust to attain him as her husband.

"Lyndon!" The Lord bellowed for his butler and the later appeared in moments nodding at him. "Did you and all the staff of Knight castle heard the promise Miss Garrick made?" The Lord asked sternly like a true master.

"Yes, My Lord. We stand as witness in this particular event of an unofficial oath taking ceremony made by Miss Garrick to the Lord of Northern region, Lord Knight on the twelfth day of November at dinner time in the Knight castle." Lyndon recited the witness oath like it was a frequent practice of his.

Blythe was confused but later realized that the Lord was a man of order. He does everything in a pictured pattern which made Blythe admire the Lord more than before. Though she should be at unease due to the promise made, she was happy that she would be with the Lord forever. Evidently, the Lord was asking her services in many other ways if not for that why would he make positive that she couldn't break her promise.

Probably, Lord Knight has stated seeing her as his future.

Blythe was dancing from inside at the mere thought of taking next step of her purpose. She was slowly letting her guard down and trusting the Lord to be an easy target besides his monstrous side. Love can change a person from a lion to a lamb so it was no surprise to her that the Lord is slowly being sweet to her.

The dinner was pleasant for both the parties. Lord Knight inquired Blythe about her family and basic details about her while he answered fundamental facts of his to Blythe. After having the dessert, Lord Knight proposed her for a small walk in his lush gardens and Blythe pounded happily with new developments.

"Have a wonderful sleep, Miss Garrick. May the stars meet with this moon in your dreams!" He flattered her with his mannish smile that held many wicked intentions behind them. Blythe blushed, wild excitement building up within her.

"My Lord, am I crossing my borders if I wanted to ask you something private?" Lord Knight raised his arrogant eyebrow and chuckled at Blythe's nervous expression.

"Miss Garrick, there are few people in my life, to whom I answer everything about me without any dithering; gradually." Lord Knight's words encouraged Blythe further to ask the question that was plaguing her mind from quite a few days.

"Umm... That..." Lord Knight nodded his head gesturing her to continue. "Not many days ago, I woke up for some water and it was past the midnight. I – I saw you walking into the forest alone. I was – worried for you so I could not sleep until you got back in the wee hours of morning." She completed hesitantly and looked at the Lord reluctantly.

Where he go alone in the dark into the forest alone without a lantern?

"You wanted to know where I was." His lips curled into a smirk and Blythe could not understand what the meaning behind it was. "Do you believe whatever I say, Miss alluring Garrick?" He asked inching towards her.

Blythe took a step back, one after the other, till her back came into contact with a wall. The Lord took predatory steps towards her and caged her between arms which were on either side of the wall.

Blythe took a stuttering breath and looked into the Lord's dark eyes. She was scared but she was enjoying the proximity. Blythe encircled her arms around the Lord neck and inched closer to his face.

"Try me." She whispered running her fingers on his chest. The smirk on the Lord's lips grew.

"What is I tell you that I am not just Lord Knight?"

Blythe rubbed the Lord's jaw with hers, "Then who are you?"

"The Lord of Night." The Lord whispered back sending a powerful shiver through her spine. Blythe was aroused by the dark vibes that were consuming her. She loved it. She felt thrilled to be consumed completely by the darkness the Lord is showing her.

"Um – hmm. So you like the darkness."

Lord Knight chuckled mysteriously, "I am the dark, dear." Lord Knight said and proceeded his lips to the shell of her ear, "Do not try to know something which may charge you heavily in future. Let the dark night hide the dangerous mysterious." Lord Knight whispered and left her in the room without turning back.

~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter of Mysterious story is here. Enjoy.

Lord Knight is flirting with Blythe?

And what was that promise he made her take? Do you think it has any significance in future?

Isn't Lord Knight so sexy when he was telling Blythe about the darkness?

Please shower me with votes and comments

Share my books with your friends

Lots of Love

Lady Prim