Chapter 14

Abbie's POV

The next day:

I wake up to Kee poking me. She speaks softly, trying to to wake up Soda. "There's someone at the door for you..." she whispers. I rub my eyes and sowly get up. I trudge to the front door and see the face I was in love with. Jacob.

"What- What are you doing here?" I ask softly.

"I-I.." he sighs and runs a hand through his dark brown locks. "I love you." He whispers.

I bite my lip. "Jacob... I'm sorry."

"You're sorry I love you?" he asks impatiently.

"I guess," I mumble. "God Jacob why do you have to love me so god damn much?" I give him a sad smile. "Oh yea, I forgot. Is it because of my sexy body or my fabulousness?"

"Everything..." He whispers leaning into my lips. I open my eyes wide and step back.

"Dude, no!" I say loudly. "I have a freaking boyfriend! Sure I'm pissed at him but I'm not going to be a cheater!" His eyes water up.

"I... I thought you..." He mumbles. "¿Qué demonios?"

"¿Por qué estás actuando así?" I ask softly.

(A/N: FIRST TO TRANSLATE THESE TWO SPANISH LINES GET THIS CHAPTER DEDICATED TO THEM :3)

"If things don't work out, will you call me?" he asks.

I shrug and he hand me a boquet (is that how you spell it?) of flowers. He walks back to wherever he came from. I walk inside, close the door, and trash the flowers. Sure it was a nice gesture, but you never know what he could have done to them. He could have hidden cameras in them. You never know.

"Who are those from Abbie?" Sodapop asks stepping into the kitchen.

"Just a guy. He isn't important." I mumble.

"A-Abbie, if you don't mind me asking, why are you pissed off at Ponyboy?" Soda asks softly.

I bite down on my lip to keep myself from crying. "I-I-I...." I continue to stutter until I suck in a deep breath. "It's stupid and I don't think it matters." I whisper.

"Abbie, I need you to tell me, I don't want you guys to end this relationship while you are what... 15 or 16?" he whispers back, holding my hand. He wasn't trying to be romantic he just was doing a comforting kinda thing.

"I don't think he loves me anymore." I whisper.

Sodapop drops my hands with a shocked look on his face. "Abbie don't say that. He loves you as much as he loves Darry and I. But in a mooshy gooshy way." he says chuckling.

I feel my face burn up as I look down at my feet. "Soda." I whisper smiling at him. "I love you so so so much, except like a brother..." I giggle hugging him.

He hugs me back. "I love you too, little sis." he grins.

Today, we start out first day of school this year. (I know it's been a while :c) Kee goes in early with Johnny, but Ponyboy and I don't leave for school until later in the morning. We take our time walking too, but once we get to the dreaded school, we receive our new schedules.

"What piece of crap is this!" I yell comparing our schedules (Our is Kee, Johnny, and Ponyboy). "You all have the same classes and I don't have any with you guys! They did this on purpose," then I start getting dramatic, "IT'S BECAUSE I'M WHITE!"

"Shhhh, it's okay..." Ponyboy says patting my head. "I could change some classes so you won't be alone..."

I stop him almost immediately. "No Ponyboy, I appreciate it, but no. You can't drop out of you smart kid classes to please me."

"You're a tough one, Abigail Brett." Ponyboy says and kisses my forehead.

"Yeah, yeah." I say, rolling my eyes and playfully pushing him.

The bell rings, signaling for us to go to class.

"I'll just deal with it, see you at lunch!" I say walking into my class.

Five grueling hours of my life gone by, comes lunch. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and walk out to the court yard, where Dally is too.

"I thought you'd be too tough to come to the first day of school." I laugh, sitting next to him on the bench.

"My dad, he got a new girlfriend, she made me come." he scoffs.

"Couldn't you just leave if you really didn't want to be here?" I laugh.

"That's the thing, she works here. She will know if I leave." he rolls his eyes.

"Oh," I try to hold in my laughter, "is that why you aren't smoking?"

"She took my entire stash." he laughs.