Chapter 8

Johnny's POV

Before what happened to Kee-Kee

I smile walking to my girlfriend's locker.

"Hey, Kee-Kee. How are you?" I whisper into Kee-Kee's ear, making her jump.

"Hey." She says turning around smashing my lips against mine.

"Babe, I want to, but not now. Um... Meet me at Dairy Queen." I say shyly.

"You thought... Oh gee Johnny, sorry to get your hopes up but I just missed you. I'm not up for.... All of that right now..." Kee-Kee says looking at Jennie across the hallway. You can see her stomach getting a small bump, but it's not all that noticeable. Soon, she'll be coming back to beg Dally to come back into their child's life, even though she left him for Randy.

"Ok," I chuckle awkwardly, "meet me at Dairy Queen in half an hour. I gotta hurry home before my dad does. I left something over there. See you soon!"

Kee-Kee's POV

After Johnny left

I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I turn and see Randy with Jennie.

"So your precious little boyfriend is leaving you alone for 30 minutes?" That's just enough time for me to mess you up." Randy says to me. I know Jennie won't do anything to stop him, but she presses her lips together. They turn white.

Randy pushes me to the ground and grabs my chin making me look at his ugly face.

"Nobody is here to help you." His breath is reeking of alcohol. He pulls out a rusty old knife, and that's when Jennie looses it. She smacks his back, like a lot.

"Randy, stop she didn't do anything!" She yells.

"Boo-Bear, you can't control my life just because you're pregnant." He snaps at her, opening the bade and dragging it down my flat stomach.

Once he reaches my belly button, he stops dragging it on my stomach. But, he stabs right beneath it, and damn. That hurt. Randy gets up and runs from the scene and I am left here to die. I cry from the pain and soon feel myself start to get sleepier, probably from the loss of blood. I let sleep overcome me and I pass out.

Ponyboy's POV

Right after she was sent to the hospital

"Hello?" I ask picking up the phone.

"Hey Pony, it's Dally."

"Hey Dally. What's up?" I ask.

"We are going to a rumble on Saturday. The Socs cut Kee-Kee up pretty badly. She's getting stitches."

"Er.. I'll ask Darry if I can go. Does Abbie know, ya' know? About Kee-Kee?" I ask.

"Don't know, don't care. Gotta go." Dally says hanging up.

"Hey, Darry? Can I go to a rumble that's on Saturday?" I ask.

"You're not going to that rumble. If the fuzz catch you, we aren't gonna have enough money to bail you out!" Darry says loudly.

"I have to though, to get 'em back. For Kee-Kee." I say.

Abbie enters loudly with an upset look on her face.

Abbie's POV

"Ponyboy Curtis, you better tell me right now what this rumble non-sense is and what happened to Keisha" I say crying.

Pony's face softens and he hugs me. I bury my face into his chest and continue to cry. Pony draws comforting circles on my back until I stop crying. Pony wipes the tears off my cheeks.