Spotlight | Article

‘Total chaos’: UFC’s lowest moment after Khabib defeats McGregor

UFC 229 erupted in chaos as Khabib Nurmagomedov continued the fight after the bell.

CONOR McGregor has refused to press charges against three men who attacked him at UFC 229 as the wild fallout to two post-fight brawls continues.

The aftermath of McGregor’s fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov erupted in wild scenes in a terrible moment for the UFC.

McGregor was soundly beaten by the Russian champion — tapping to a rear-naked choke in the fourth round — before chaos ensued.

Nurmagomedov responded to a taunt from the crowd by McGregor’s teammate Dillon Danis by jumping outside of the Octagon and beginning to throw punches.

“Total chaos,” UFC commentator Jon Anik said. “All hell has broken loose.”

Amid the confusion, three members of the Russian’s team attacked McGregor. As one circled in front and confronted him head-on, another leapt into the cage and sucker-punched him from behind. As the first two were apprehended, the third wrestled off a security guard and renewed the attack.

“That was disgusting,” commentator Joe Rogan said. “It’s so incredibly disappointing.”

It took a turn for the worse when Conor's ex wife but baby mother, Pandora White, daughter of Dana White and Chief Executive Officer of UFC was attack from behind by Chloe Henning, ex girlfriend of Conor McGregor but current fiancee of Khabib Nurmagomedov.

The two women began to brawl outside of the octagon before they're scheduled fight which lead to Chloe and a group of other women to jump Pandora but luckily Pandora's sisters and cousins jumped in to defend Pandora.

Security and several police officers had to separate the women and lead Pandora and her family out of the buidling but Pandora proving why she's a perfect match for Conor, decided she wanted more when Chloe began taunting her as she left the building decided to run back in and beat the hell out of Chloe even more before security had to force into a limo.

Months of personal taunting exploded as UFC president Dana White opted to escort Nurmagomedov out of the cage instead of presenting him with the belt.

“If I put this belt on you, everyone’s going to start throwing s*** into the Octagon,” White said.

White later revealed the three men were arrested but released because McGregor didn’t want to press charges.

Nurmagomedov’s $2 million purse for the fight has been withheld while the Nevada State Athletic Commission conducts an investigation.

The bad blood came after McGregor attacked a bus while attempting to confront Nurmagomedov at a UFC event in New York in April. He threw a trolley and a bin at the window of the bus, smashing glass and injuring other fighters, and later pled guilty to a charge of disorderly conduct.

Nurmagomedov, who improved his record to 27-0, apologised in his post-fight press conference but pointed the finger back at McGregor for overstepping the line with his trash talk.

“I want to say sorry ... I know this is not my best side,” Nurmagomedov said. “(But) he talk about my religion, he talk about my country, he talk about my father, he came to Brooklyn and he broke bus, he almost kill a couple of people.”