Oct 8, 2 Tim 2, Ps 49

Start from the beginning

[21] If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

[22] Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
Someone told me that he thinks he is a weak Christian because he has to physically flee from temptations. Dude, Paul says to flee! Run as if your life depends on it!

[23] But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
Don't waste time asking foolish questions, you will just start arguments.

[24] And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

[25] In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
In meekness instructing those that oppose them. If you think someone is wrong, don't go screaming in their face, 'I am right, you are wrong, I'm smarter than you, I know better than you!' Seriously, you aren't in kindergarten. There is also a very good reason not to be offensive when trying to show people the truth. If you are offensive, they are going to put up their defences and won't listen to you. If you wrong about something and one person says, 'You are so stupid for believing that!!! There is so much evidence against it! You are completely wrong and I am completely right!' And another person says, 'hey, I think you might be wrong about that. I'm don't want to see you believe a lie. Here is some evidence and reasoning.' Which one would you be more open to listening too?

[26] And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
God has saved us from the snare of the devil.

Psalm 49:1-20 KJV
[1] Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world:

[2] Both low and high, rich and poor, together.

[3] My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

[4] I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.

[5] Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?

[6] They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;

[7] None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

[8] (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)
Riches cannot buy eternal life.

[9] That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.

[10] For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.

[11] Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.

[12] Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.

[13] This their way is their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah.

[14] Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.

[15] But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.
Oh death, where is your sting? Oh grace, where is your victory?

[16] Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased;

[17] For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.
How rich you were does not matter once you are dead.

[18] Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.

[19] He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.

[20] Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you so much for everything You have done for us. Thank you that we were especially reminded to be thankful as today is Thanksgiving. Thank you so much. Thank you for improving my health slightly. Father, please be near Mr. W's family as his funeral is in a few days. Please be especially close to his wife as she just had to celebrate her first birthday without him in over fifty years. Please bless Mrs. VV as she heals from surgery. Please let her be well enough to attend the funeral. Please be near everyone in my prayer journal, You alone know everything about them, their needs and blessings, their sadness and happiness. You know more about them than they know about themselves! Father please keep them close to You, in Jesus's name, Amen