Sept 5, Phil 2, Ps 27

Philippians 2:1-30 KJV
[1] If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

[2] Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

[3] Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
When you esteem others higher than yourself, you will not mistreated them. If everyone esteemed others higher than themselves the world would be a much better place.

[4] Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
If Christ humbled himself that much for you, surely you can humble yourself too.

[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

[10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

[11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Ever knee will bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. The question is, do you willing confess him now, or will you be forced to confess him later?

[12] Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Work out your salvation with fear and trembling, yet you are not saved by your works. That sounds like a contradiction. I know the Bible does not have any contradictions but I am not completely sure how to explain this one. Maybe we are saved by grace alone but we can lose our salvation so we have to work with fear and tremblings to prove we believe? What do you think?

[13] For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

[14] Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
I admit that I complain a lot. I could come up with excuses as to why I complain but I know there many times I really don't need to complain and it just stresses out those around me. I am trying to work on my complaining.

[15] That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Jesus is a light to those around us, through us. Let Him shine through you, and don't hide Him under a bushel as the old song says. This verse makes me think of the saying, 'Sometimes your life is the only Bible someone will read or gospel they will hear.'

[16] Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

[17] Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.

[18] For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.

[19] But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.

[20] For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.

[21] For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

[22] But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.

[23] Him therefore I hope to send presently, so soon as I shall see how it will go with me.

[24] But I trust in the Lord that I also myself shall come shortly.

[25] Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.

[26] For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.

[27] For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

[28] I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.

[29] Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation:

[30] Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

Psalm 27:1-14 KJV
[1] The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
We need not fear anything or anyone!

[2] When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

[3] Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

[4] One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

[5] For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

[6] And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

[7] Hear, O Lord , when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

[8] When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

[9] Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

[10] When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
The Lord is the Father of the fatherless.

[11] Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

[12] Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

[13] I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

[14] Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Dear Lord, You are mighty to save us from our enemies, who shall we fear when You are near? Lord thank you for everything You have given us, we truly are blessed. Please bless the tracts Hope church handed out, may You change people's hearts with them. Thank you that Mr. W is finally home from the hospital, please give him and his wife strength they need as they deal with different health issues. Thank You that my older brother has (apparently) been alcohol free for 7 months. Please continue to keep him away from alcohol, please keep him away from drugs too, and bring him to You. Please be with my other older brother as well as he figures out how to live on his own and life in general, please keep him close to You. I pray for others with brothers and family that are not close to You. Please bring them to You and give strength to those who need it. Thank you for everyone in my prayer journal, please keep them far the evil and close to You, in Jesus's name, Amen