Aug 8, 1 Cor 16, Ps 3

Two questions quickly, 1. Should I start doing this in the morning instead of at night? When I started this, it did not work at all for me to do this in the morning, but now I have more time in the morning than at night, especially when there are yps things.

2. What version should I use? I am currently using the KJV(you probably know that already), but my crush is trying to convince me that the ESV is the best version. What are your thoughts?

1 Corinthians 16:1-24 KJV
[1] Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
[2] Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
[3] And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
[4] And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me.
[5] Now I will come unto you, when I shall pass through Macedonia: for I do pass through Macedonia.
[6] And it may be that I will abide, yea, and winter with you, that ye may bring me on my journey whithersoever I go.
[7] For I will not see you now by the way; but I trust to tarry a while with you, if the Lord permit.
Always remember that it is not us who have the final say on our plans, it is God.
[8] But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.
[9] For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
[10] Now if Timotheus come, see that he may be with you without fear: for he worketh the work of the Lord, as I also do .
[11] Let no man therefore despise him: but conduct him forth in peace, that he may come unto me: for I look for him with the brethren.
[12] As touching our brother Apollos, I greatly desired him to come unto you with the brethren: but his will was not at all to come at this time; but he will come when he shall have convenient time.
[13] Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
[14] Let all your things be done with charity.
Don't do anything without love.
[15] I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)
[16] That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with us, and laboureth.
[17] I am glad of the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus: for that which was lacking on your part they have supplied.
[18] For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge ye them that are such.
[19] The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.
[20] All the brethren greet you. Greet ye one another with an holy kiss.
What exactly is the holy kiss? I think it is probably a kiss on the cheek or two like some Europeans but I might be wrong. Is it something we should start doing again as it is commanded here? Or is it only for the church of Colossians?
[21] The salutation of me Paul with mine own hand.
[22] If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.
I was was a little bit confused for a bit, there should be a comma or period between 'anathema' and 'maranatha' it means 'cursed, Come Lord Jesus!'
[23] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
[24] My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 3:1-8 KJV
[1] Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
[2] Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
[3] But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
[4] I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
The Lord will hear you if you cry out to Him.
[5] I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.
[6] I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.
We have absolutely nothing to be afraid of when we are on the Lord's side!
[7] Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
[8] Salvation belongeth unto the Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.
This psalm, like many others, starts with the author scared or depressed, but ends with him saying how amazing God is! That is how we should be too, when we are sad, depressed or scared, cry out to the Lord and he will show you how amazing He is, we have nothing to fear when we are on His side!

Dear Lord, You alone are wonderful and amazing, and all who call upon Your name will be blessed. Thank you for all You have done for us, thank you for defeating our enemies and saving us! Please help us always say, "Not my will, but Yours."  Please continue to bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, in Jesus's name, Amen