Sept 25, 1 Timothy 2, Ps 41

You may have noticed that I missed yesterday's. I have a very good excuse for that. My wifi wasn't working! I still read and prayed but I didn't write it down since there was no way I could publish it with my wifi! So if I randomly miss a day in the future, it is probably because of wifi problems, I have those a lot.

1 Timothy 2:1-15 KJV
[1] I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

[2] For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
I don't pray for those in authority as often as I should. I do have some authority people in my prayer journal though.

[3] For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

[4] Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

[5] For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

[6] Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

[7] Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

[8] I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

[9] In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

[10] But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

[12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

[13] For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

[14] And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

[15] Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
These verses sound a bit like women are less than men, but Paul says other places that make and female are equal.

Psalm 41:1-13 KJV
[1] Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble.

[2] The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.

[3] The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.

[4] I said, Lord, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

[5] Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish?

[6] And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself; when he goeth abroad, he telleth it.

[7] All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt.

[8] An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more.

[9] Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
If you have been abandoned by your close friends in time of need, know that you are not alone.

[10] But thou, O Lord, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.

[11] By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.

[12] And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.

[13] Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for everything You have done for us. Lord please be near those in authority over us, I think of parents, teachers, employers and government officials. Please give them the wisdom and courage to do what is right. Lord please be with missionaries, please bless their feeble efforts of spreading Your Word. Lord please be with Mr. W, he has fluid building up in his body and that is not good. Please heal him if it is Your will, but Your will be done. Please be with everyone in my prayer journal, please keep them close to You and far from evil, in Jesus's name, Amen