Aug 28, Gal 5, Ps 20

Galatians 5:1-26 KJV
[1] Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

[2] Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

[3] For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
If you think that by doing one or two things you can earn your salvation, you are wrong. It is all or nothing. Either be completely perfect and obey every law perfectly and don't sin at all or let Jesus take your sin upon Him.

[4] Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

[5] For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

[6] For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

[7] Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

[8] This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

[9] A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

[10] I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

[11] And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

[12] I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

[13] For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Liberty! God has given us liberty but we must not abuse it by doing what we want for ourselves, we have to use it to serve one another by love.

[14] For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Love. God has given us so much love we can't not love.

[15] But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

[16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

[17] For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

[18] But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
The key word here is 'do', if it said 'did' we would be in trouble but it is only those who continue to do these things even when they know better that will not inherit the kingdom of God.

[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

[23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

[24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

[25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

[26] Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Psalm 20:1-9 KJV
[1] The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;

[2] Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;

[3] Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.

[4] Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.

[5] We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the Lord fulfil all thy petitions.

[6] Now know I that the Lord saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

[7] Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.
Horses and chariots can die and be destroyed but our God is invincible!

[8] They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.
We can stand upright because we are standing on the Rock of our salvation!

[9] Save, Lord: let the king hear us when we call.

I have another prayer request, there is another elderly man in my church with a lot of health problems. We'll call him Mr. W, I and my family are a lot closer to Mr. W than Mr. VD. They are both great men but Mr. and Mrs. W are almost like grandparents to at least one of my brothers. Mr. W was just admitted to the hospital for fluid in his lungs or something or another. I don't know exactly cause he has been in and out of the hospital for the last year or so and now he has to move from his apartment to a nursing home.

Dear Lord, You are amazing and You are our Rock and Salvation! Who shall we fear when You are near, or what can separate us from Your love? Thank you for sending Your Son to die for us and free us from sin and the law. Please help us live in the Spirit and produce the fruits of the Spirit. Thank you for everything You have done for us, thank you that we need not fear anything, or worry, we can cast all our cares on You and You will take care of them. Lord I cast on You all the problems and difficulties of those around me, especially Mr. VD and Mr. W. I also cast on You those with family problems. Please bless Mrs Pat roe and her school and Camp Tamarack. Please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, in Jesus's name, Amen