one

"you're way too good to be true."

——————————

- a month later

i knocked on brad's front door, it opening a moment later, and a gorgeous labrador bounding out to meet me.

i smiled, bending down to fuss her, absolutely loving dogs, and jesse now being one of my favourites, due to how adorable she was.

"i swear you only ever come just for the dog."

i looked up to brad who had a playful grin on his lips and i smiled to him, "hmm, maybe." i teased, standing up and walking into brad's open arms for a hug.

i wrapped my arms around his neck as his went around my waist, and he tightly, but comfortably hugged me.

i followed him up to his room and placed my bag on his bed, before he grabbed my waist and pulled my front to his as he leant down to press a kiss to my lips, my hands running through his hair.

"how're you?" he asked softly.

"i'm good, thank you." i smiled, "you?"

"yeah i'm good. thanks." he pressed another kiss to my lips before walking to his en-suite, "come shower with me?"

"i had a shower before i came."

"have another one?" he smirked.

"nope, brad. maybe next time." i grinned and he sighed playfully.

"alright. see you in a bit." he smiled, closing the bathroom door behind him and turning on the shower a minute later.

grabbing my makeup, i began to apply it lightly, as the two of us were going out for dinner tonight, and brad had invited me to get ready at his beforehand.

brad emerged from the bathroom, followed by steam, a towel wrapped around his waist, and i smiled slightly as i gazed at him.

"did you have a nice shower?" i teased, him grinning at me as he ran his fingers through his damp hair to detangle it.

"would've been better if you were there too." he smirked playfully, coming to sit next to me.

i reached my hands up to play with his hair, giving his head a little massage in the process, a small, content smile tugging the corners of his mouth up as i relaxingly ran my fingers through his curls for a few minutes.

brad gently put his arms around my waist as i finished my makeup, before both of us got up and grabbed necessities, then went outside to get into his car.

brad hesitantly reached across the centre console of his car, him driving us to the restaurant, and he gently put his hand on my knee.

i placed my hand over his and moved his hand up my leg a little further, letting him know i was comfortable with it, and he turned to smile at me, me smiling back, and finding myself gazing at his gorgeous side profile as he returned his attention to the road ahead.

he squeezed my thigh, a smirk tugging at his lips as he said, "it's rude to stare, babe."

"shut up." i giggled playfully, looking away from him face, the two of us just chatting for the next short while, until we reached the restaurant and brad parked the car.

"can i get you guys any drinks?" the waiter asked us, having sat us down and left us to glance over the menus for a minute.

"did you want a white wine?" brad looked to me and i nodded, a smile on my lips at how he knew, and he ordered that for me, and just a water for him as he was driving.

"you look gorgeous." brad said once the waiter had left, and i found myself staring at him for a moment, a fond smile on my lips as i did, and i sighed happily at how lovely he is.

"thank you." i blushed lightly, "so do you."

"i..um, would you like to be my girlfriend?" brad asked, a slightly nervous, yet excited glint in his eyes.

"i would love to, of course." i smiled, him reaching across the table to quickly cup my face and pull my lips to his.

brad sat down on the sofa when the two of us got home, and he pulled me to sit next to him, his arms loosely, but comfortably, wrapping around my waist.

"thank you." i said, regarding the dinner we'd just had, and i smiled at him softly.

"you're welcome, princess." he said, and i immediately looked up at him as he said the nickname, a smile at tugging my lips.
"you're adorable." he leant forwards to press a kiss to my lips.

when the kiss got a little more heated, brad gently moved so i was laying on my back on the sofa, him hovering over me, my hands cupping his face.

i unbuttoned his shirt, tugging it off him with his help, before i trailed my fingers up and down his toned torso, as his hand slipped under my back, enabling him to unzip my dress.

picking me up, brad wrapped my legs around his waist, my arms around his neck as he carried me upstairs to his room, before placing me down and gently pulling my dress off, as i undid his belt and unzipped his trousers.

he lay me down on my back on his bed, again hovering over me, the two of us just in underwear as he leant down to kiss me, his hands trailing my body, his kisses moving down my neck.

"you're so fit." brad exhaled heavily, "you're way too good to be true." he lay down next to me, both of us breathing harder than normal, as he draped an arm across my bare stomach.

"so are you." i smiled, turning my face to kiss him quickly and softly, his fingertips gently tracing comforting shapes on my waist.

"do you want to watch a film?" he offered, and i nodded as he got up and tugged on boxers, passing me one of his t-shirts to put on as i thanked him, the shirt being large and comfy on me, and smelling of him, causing me to smile.