Chapter forty-one

Start from the beginning

"Good evening ma." I greeted.

"Where are you coming from?" She folded her arms around her tits and frowned at me.

"Uhm...lesson. I told you."

"Lesson, by this time?! It's not possible. Maybe I would go to that your lesson on Monday and talk to them. Why would they let students come back by this time? What if something had happen?" She started rumbled.

"Mum, it's not their fault. We've closed since but I went to visit a friend 'cause today's her birthday." Oh my! I just lied massively.

"Which friend is that one?" She questioned suspiciously.

"My best friend in lesson. Her name's Amaka." I said firmly so that she could buy the lie.

"Hmm...be careful. Don't just be going out anyhow." She seemed to have bought the lie. Thank goodness.

"Okay ma. What about daddy? Is he around?"

"No. What happen?" Thank God.

"Nothing. I just wanted to greet him."

"Okay."

Mum then turned to leave. "Ruby!" Richard rushed down the stairs excitedly. "How was your outing?" Then that happened, which made mum stop to look at me confusedly.

"Oh, le...lesson was fine. Why don't we go upstairs to gist about it?" I laughed nervously.

"Lesson?! I thought you went to the Bea–" He trailed off when he saw that I was widening my eyes at him and also mouthing a 'shut up.' "The Bea...birth...day?" He managed to say.

"Oh..." I chuckled nervously yet again. "Yeah. Amaka sends her regards. Up I go." I practically ran upstairs.

I stormed into my room. Rachel was on her bed with her earpiece listening to music. When she noticed I was in already, she removed the earpiece from her ears and asked. "So how was it?" She was grinning at me.

"I'm never going to tell Richard anything again." I said instead, angrily though.

"Why? What happened?" She impatiently questioned.

"Can you imagine after I'd lie to mum why I came back late, he just rushed down the stairs and made matters quite complicated."

"What did he do or say?" 

"He wanted to let the cat out of the box." She pouted her lips at me, indicating that I was beating about the bush. "Okay, he almost let mum knew that I went to the Beach."

"But I didn't." Richard walked into the room. "Note, I almost did but I didn't."

"Shut up joor!" Rachel quieted him. "What if you had? What would have happened then?" She glared at him.

"Oya, sorry. I didn't know mum was there." He didn't sound apologetic a bit.

"Next time just shut up, that's if I would ever even tell you stuffs again." I said.

"I'm sorry na..." He sounded apologetic now. He even looked like he was about to cry.

I looked at him, then rolled my eyes. "Okay ahn!" I pitied him. I just didn't like the fact that we always made him feel left out, that was why I told him stuffs. Because if not...

"So what did you bring for us?" Richard plopped on my bed.

I sat down on Rachel's own. "I brought ice cream like you guys requested and also, mince pie." I opened my bag and started to bring out the goodies. "As in, today was fun o."

"Don't worry, that gist is for later." Rachel tapped my lap.

"Ahn ahn na! Why can't you gist both of us?" Richard whined, as he devoured the mince pie in his hand.

"Duh! That's girls talk." Rachel did those girly stuffs at him. I chuckled at both of them. How I loved these two dick-heads. Mostly this goober, Rachel.

"Mtcheew! Waheva. I'm off to my room." He stood up to leave but I stopped him.

"Don't let mum see them." I told him.

"Even if she does, I would tell her you brought it for me from the birthday you went to."

"Don't let her see it sha." I repeated.

Minutes later, my phone started to ring. I looked at the dialer and a smile graced my face. It was Benjamin. He had reached home.

"Hello." I said immediately I picked the call. I was smiling in lost.

"I'm fine and you?" I replied to his greeting.

"Where are you now?" I asked just to know. Besides, that place where he was calling from was a bit noisy.

"What!"

* * * *

Vote, comment and PLEASE share! Thanks. 😘