Chapter twenty-eight

Dedicating this chapter to all my readers. I say a BIG thank you. God bless you for me.

————————

We both finished eating our snacks and now, we were munching on the pizza. Benjamin had ordered for a bottle of water while we were devouring the pizza.

"Surprisingly, this is my first time tasting pizza." I informed and the look on his face was priceless.

"Really?" He asked with the pizza filled in his mouth.

"Yeah. My parents don't get to take us out often, besides, I didn't feel the need to taste it." I shrugged.

"Wow! This is my first time hearing this."

Definitely because you have rich friends.

We finished devouring the pizza and I felt my stomach almost exploded. I was filled to the fullest. I'd never gone out and ate these much before. Even though I was offered these much, I wouldn't finish it. But today, one person made me finish all of them and that was my crush– Benji.

He gulped his water till it was empty, tossed the empty bottle on the table and relaxed in his chair with his arms folded around his chest, making his biceps so evident.

He was gazing at me with his rich chocolate eyes, and that made me so uncomfortable. I kept on adjusting in my chair, with my head slightly bowed. Stop looking at me joor!

He chuckled lightly and I looked at him. "She's shy with me." He said with a smirk, which made me blush. His voice sounded like music to my ears. I wondered the feelings he had towards me.

I cleared my throat before uttering a word so I wouldn't sound nervous. "So wh...what do you wanna tell me? I...I mean, that's why we are here." My voice failed me woefully. It sounded nervous and was shaky.

"Yeah right." He sat up and his face suddenly turned serious. "Why did you do it?" He glared at me.

"D...do what?" I was scared now.

"You really don't know? Okay let me make the question breezier. Why did you decline me and accept Chuka's proposal?"

He knows? I opened my eyes in shock. He knew. "Er...how did you know?"

"That wasn't the question." Okay, he was annoyed. There wasn't a sign of humor in his voice, not even slightly. He was damn serious. 

"Benjamin, I'm so sorry. I–" I trailed off. There was no explanation to why I accepted Chuka's. I bowed my head. He was definitely angry with me and I couldn't do anything to revive him from his angry state.

"Look Ruby. That's not the way life is. You don't reject someone and accept the other instantly, and for that matter, he is my best friend. Yeah, you may like him but still, I am your friend." He sounded hurt and I immediately felt guilty. What have I done?

I raised my head to look at him and I smiled apologetically. "Look Benjamin, Chuka and I have nothing going on. Besides, he has a babe. It's you I like." Yeah, I finally admitted it to his face. I had to, so as to quench or at least reduce his anger a bit. I for one didn't like the fact that he was mad at me.

His face relaxed a bit. "Really?" It came out so soft.

"Yes Benjamin." I took my hands forward to reach his, which he complied to and let out a smile afterwards.