Chapter forty-one

Thanks a lot guys for your patience with me in this journey. It actually means a lot to me.
6k reads no be beans.

# #

Her words sent some unknown feelings to my body. It felts as though the flow of my blood seized. I was beyond flabbergasted. Was this her plan all along? To snatch my boyfriend away from me or just to have her way today with him?

I sent her a disdain look, before I abruptly stood up and stormed out of their midst. They called my name countlessly but I turned deaf ears. I was furious. I kept on walking angrily without a glance at them. Right now, you could just imagine me as an angry Kithara in Avatar. I was that mad. You probably might be thinking that right now I was acting irrational, but what could I do? I was only human.

I kept on walking to nowhere in particular. All I knew was that I needed to leave their midst. I stood to a halt as an arm grabbed mine. I presumed it was Benjamin so I didn't turn to look, I just stood still.

"Where are you going?" I guessed right. It was him. His voice was so sweet that my anger subsided just a little. Note, just a little.

I didn't bother turning to look at him. "Why do you care?" I asked dryly, rolling my eyes at the same time. But who was I kidding? Not like he could see that my eyes was being rolled.

"I care 'cause you're my girlfriend." Aw! "Besides, you don't know anywhere here, and you could just get lost in the process." He sounded so concerned.

I released my hand from his grip and faced him. "Oh. So now you care? Why don't you just go back there and continue having fun.  Don't worry, I'd be fine alone."

He furrowed his brows at me. "Wait, why are you even angry with me? I didn't do anything wrong." He was frowning seriously at me.

"Very nice. Weren't you about to kiss her, if not that I stood up."

"Kiss? Her?" He chuckled a little. "Did you actually think I was gonna do that? What do you even think of me, Ruby? That I do things with ladies anyhow, even when I have a babe?" There was a tinge of hurt but a whole lot of disappointment in his voice.

"If that's not who you really are, then why did you allow her to dance on your lap and touch your body sexually?"

"Cause–" He trailed off. He closed his eyes a bit and opened them again. "Cause it was just a game." His voice came out low.

"Oh, so this kissing isn't a game?" I pouted my lips.

"Kissing is a different thing entirely. I might allow girls to touch me wherever, asides from my dick though." He chuckled a little. "But I can't kiss them when they are not my girlfriend."

"Wow. But you can let them romance you anyhow. Very nice, Benjamin! But can I ask, since we were playing "a game" and she dared you to kiss her, what would you have done then?" I was nervous yet curiously waiting for his response. I hope his answer wouldn't be what I was thinking.

"I...I honestly would have..." He smiled for reason(s) known to him. He then looked at me with a spark in his eyes, then his eyes went to my lips. "I would have kissed you instead." His voice came out velvety– so sexy! I didn't expect that answer from him though. If at all, I expected worse.

I was at a lost for words. That statement alone sent goosebumps to my body. Was he actually being sincere right now? "But...that's not part of the rules." I managed to say.