Chapter twenty-seven

Hi there! Just wanna inform that I've dropped another book. You could as well check it out.
Ruby take over from here! 😁
"Thank you."

★ ★ ★

"Shall we go?"

That question alone let shivers run through my spine. It gave me goosebumps.

It felt like I was glued to ground. I was practically stagnant. Was it Benjamin that caused all these sensational feelings or the feelings just came on its own?

"By the way, you're looking so...beautiful." He said in the most sexiest way he could. But he hesitated. Was I looking bad? I stylishly checked myself out. Not bad for my first date ever.

'It's not even a date!' My subconscious mind corrected. I mentally facepalmed.

I wanted to utter something but a voice beat me to it. I turned to the gate and saw a smiling Rachel.

"So this is the Benjamin you keep talking about every passing minute." She checked him out.

I widely opened my eyes, realising what she had just revealed to Benjamin. I looked at Benji and saw that he was... blushing? Benjamin was blushing!

Oh my! Could it be that he likes me too?

"Hey Ruby." Benjamin called to get my attention. "What's the problem? You've been quiet since you got out here."

"Er...yeah." What did I just say? I looked at both of them and their looks weren't so pleasant. It felt like I was the dumb one amongst them. "Oh. Shall we go?" I asked a bit nervously.

"Sure." He replied immediately.

"Hey, not so fast. You haven't introduced him to me yet." Rachel's voice halted us.

"True. My bad. Well, Rachel this is Benjamin my...my what?...my friend. And Benjamin, this is Rachel my naughty sister. Elder sister actually."

"Nice to meet you Rachel." He extended his hand to hers in which she complied to.

"The pleasure's mine." She smiled genuinely at him.

"Wow, your hand is so soft." He complimented and instantly, I felt a pang of jealousy hit me. Matter-of-factly, he never told me mine was soft.

"Aw, thanks. Okay, let me leave you guys to go and have fun. Bye." And with that, she left.

Phew! Thank goodness.

We stayed silent for a couple of seconds before he decided to break it. It was indeed awkward.

"Your sister is so pretty. In fact, she's prettier than you." He chuckled but I didn't find it funny. In fact, it hurt me.

"Yeah." I said dryly and rolled my eyes. He was ruining my day bit by bit. "Y'know what? I don't think I'm interested in going out with you again." Having said that, I walked to the gate. But he calmly stopped me by holding my arms, which sent pilomotor reflex.