Chapter thirty

Hey guys! Please kindly check out my other book– The poor boy and I. Bet you'd like it. 😉

# #

Every step I took to the class, was like me forcing myself out of gravity. I couldn't think straight. I felt shattered. It felt like my heart was broken into pieces. Why would Benjamin do such a thing to me? I thought I was his girlfriend. Subtle thoughts started barging in. I didn't know who and what to believe anymore. I felt hopeless and lonely.

As I got to my desk, the tears that threatened to gush out started to wet my face. But I couldn't let anyone see me, so I placed my head on the desk and began to sob profusely. I couldn't still believe what I heard and saw with my naked eyes, even though it wasn't a dream.

My head still on the desk when I heard happy laughter from the background, which sounded like Benji and his buddies. I immediately wiped the tears off my face, but they were so obstinate as they refused to stop pouring. Then, I decided to do one thing to save myself the stress, I quickly brought my phone out and started fiddling with it just to distract myself.

Finally, the tears came to a halt. It didn't take more than thirty seconds when I heard footsteps walking towards my direction. My heart skipped at the sound of his voice.

"Hey." Benjamin said softly, placing a hand on my shoulder. I thought of flaring up, but that would be childish and would also attract attention to us, which I wasn't a fan of.

I kept on fiddling with my phone with my head still placed on the desk, hence, ignoring him.

"Ruby?" I could hear the desperation in his voice just to hear me speak. "Hmm...she's angry with me for leaving her." I could feel him smirking at his statement, but still, I didn't raise my head up.

"Ruby talk to me na or at least, look up." He pleaded. "Okay, I'm sorry for leaving you." You already left me, so no need to apologise. I wanted to start crying again, but I had to hold back the tears. I couldn't possibly cry now, when he was here.

"Ruby." He sounded like he would cry any moment if I didn't raise my head up or talk to him. But what do I care? He already hurt me. "Okay, I wanna tell you something." He said with all seriousness. Was he going to break up with me?

I snapped my head at him and I couldn't help but look directly at his rich chocolate eyes that looked as if tears was going to drop down any moment.

He sighed before saying, "Ruby, I wanna tell you something." He looked sad.

"Oh, I bet it's a lot of stuffs you have to tell me." I tried as much as possible not to sound sad or like I cried.

He furrowed his eyebrows perplexedly. "A lot you say? What do you mean? And," He paused and squinted his eyes at me as if trying to study something. "Why are your eyes like this? Did you cry?" He looked concerned.

"Like you care." I rolled my eyes. Little by little, I was getting annoyed by the mere sight of him and him pretending to care whereas, he didn't. "You said you wanted to tell me something, so spill it out." Anger laced in my tone.

He looked so confused. "Anything the matter? Did I offend you?" Concern laced in his tone. Far from it. You hurt me!

"You know what Benji, why don't you go meet your best friends that you can't leave without and stay away from me?!" The look on his face when I said this was beyond priceless. He was probably wondering what my attitude was all about, not knowing that I'd heard all what he said with his buddies.