Chapter thirty-two

Before I proceed, I just wanna say a big thank you to you guys for the over 3k reads and also, for the over 1k votes. Means a lot to me. I don't even know who to dedicate this chapter to. So please kindly read the author's note below. Thanks.

# # #

It was closing time already and Benjamin hadn't returned yet. He left or better still, stormed out of the class after I told him to leave my seat, and ever since he hadn't returned. I wonder why.

I packed my books into my bag pack worriedly. Yeah, I was disturbed that something bad might have happened to him or that, he had done something bad to himself. Those negative thoughts made me uneasy.

As I finished packing my books, Chuka walked up to me.

"Hey Ruby, have you seen Benjamin since today?" That was what he asked.

I placed my bag pack at my back and walked out on him, practically snubbing him. I walked to the front door with a stern face.

"Hey!" He jogged up me. "You just ignored me." I still kept mute. No response.

After all that he had done, he still had the gut, the effrontery, the nerves to walk up to me, not only that, also to talk to me? He must have lost his senses.

He placed his hand on my shoulder, hence, stopping me from walking any further. I stopped but didn't look at him. I was looking straight ahead still with the stern look worn on my face.

"Are you angry with me?" Oh shit, this guy was so pathetic. Imagine, he still had to ask me that stupid question.

I snapped my head at him and looked at him venomously. Just the mere sight of him was already disgusting to me.

I wanted to scream, shout and let it all out, but I kept my cool. "Really? You're asking me that? Are you this pathetic?!" He frowned a bit at my last statement.

"Pathetic? Ruby I only asked a simple question which needed a simple answer."

"And I already gave you an answer. Wait, isn't it so obvious that we ain't friends?" I was fueling with rage, but I didn't want to burst out in public. I didn't want to look like a mad person in the eyes of everyone.

"You're angry with me right?" He folded his arms around his chest and cocked an eyebrow.

I gave him a disgusted look. "Are you this stupid?"

"Ruby!" He almost screamed. "Stop insulting me." He said calmly with a lot of breath in it. "Just stop." He rubbed his already sweaty face with his palm.  

I shook my head. "Then. Get. Out. Of. My. Sight!" I bawled. "You ain't worth my time." I said with gritted teeth before making my way out of his sight.

I hadn't even taken five steps away from him than he gripped my wrist. I snapped my head at him and my eyes caught sight of Faith, glaring at us.

I forced my hand out of his grip, but to no avail.

"Really Chuka, really?" He released my wrist immediately at the sound of Faith's voice.

As soon as he released it, I ran away. I didn't even want to hear their argument. They already disgust me, so why wait to hear them argue.