Chapter forty-one

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Is kissing another girl when your girlfriend is right there part of the rules?" He fired back.

I just smiled. All the anger that was ignited in me, were extinguished by just one person. Just one statement. By just this handsome dude– Benjamin.

"So what do you say we go back and have fun?" He smiled at me.

"Sure." I returned the smile. "But only if we don't play that useless game again."

"Scared?" He smirked smugly at me.

"Benjamin!"

"Fine fine." He raised his hands in surrender. "We wouldn't. So can we go now?"

I rolled my eyes, before smiling sheepishly. "Yes."

We went back to them. When we got to them, they were gisting and laughing heartily. Aw...so cute! They were so compatible, trust me. At first I thought they wouldn't notice our presence, but they cleared my doubt.

"Hey Ruby!" Amaka started to say. "Why did you storm out like that?"

"Wasn't it obvious?" I shot at her.

"Lol. She was jealous and at the same time, angry." Chuka added jokingly.

I sent him a glare. "I wasn't jealous. I was just irritated. I was choking, so I needed space." I said truthfully.

"Because you thought I wanted to steal your guy from you?" Amaka scoffed and then laughed. "I'm not that cheap and desperate. It was just a game. I mean, we play such games in London and it's actually very fun."

"Thank God you said London, because we are in Nigeria right now and not London." I retorted.

"Can we please not talk about this now?" Benjamin chimed in. "Let's just forget that ever happened and have fun. What do you say we go horse riding or kite flying?" He suggested.

"Horse riding would be better." Chuka said immediately.

"Horse riding it is then!" Benjamin said gleefully.

"But...!" I wanted to protest but it seemed they didn't want to pay any attention, they just started running off.

"C'mon! Let's go!" Amaka dragged me along.

"I hate this!" I muttered.

———————

"Thanks a lot for today. You literally made my day." I said to Benjamin as we were both outside my house. It was already 7:06pm.

Amaka and Chuka had gone their separate ways, but Benjamin decided to clinge to me just so that I get home safely. That was so sweet of him, however, I cared about how he was going to go home all by himself, in the dark.

He smiled. "I'm glad I made your day. I have to be on my way now." He pulled me in for a warm embrace.

"Bye." I said after we released ourselves from each other. "Call me when you get home."

"No problem." He chuckled before turning to leave.

I kept looking at him as he walked away. He had such a nice charisma.

I widened my eyes as I realised that I got home after seven, whereas, our curfew was seven at the dot. I just hope my dad wasn't around.

I went in and closed the gate. I made my way quietly to the house. As I walked that way, I was cooking up a lie to tell them– if at all they were around– but unfortunately, nothing cool was coming in. Jeez! Finally, I arrived at the door. Inhaled and exhaled, that was what followed before opening the door. The first person I saw was mum, who was coming out of the kitchen. The house was quite silent.