8

The squeaking of Andrea's shoes, the screaming, and calling of my name, the twists and turns of every doorknob, the slamming of every door, the shoving of everyone in my way and the echo of my footsteps around the hospital

I was on the third highest floor of the hospital where most of the patient wards are.

"Ma'am I will have to ask you to leav-" I slam the ward door shut in the face of the innocent nurse before jogging towards the emergency escape. I could hear Andrea apologizing a few distances behind me.

The echo of the heavy door echoes through the empty stairwell as I head towards the stairs. Slowing my pace down due to the injury on my foot, I held the cold metal railing and tried to go up the flight of steps as fast as I could.

Where could they be? Where could Andy be?

I was already at the split landings when a burst of sinister laughter echoed through the area. I stopped in my tracks and immediately look through the gaps in between the railings. I look down, only to see flickering lights and an empty stairwell.

I look up and almost lost my grip on the railings. There on the top floor, someone with a clown mask was staring at me. It was the same clown with the purple wig I met at the carnival. He was holding something shiny, twisting it between his fingers.

"Yes, babeeee" He cackles. "That's right, you're on the wrong floor" His voice echoes through the place. He brings the item on his fingers to his lips and kissed it before blowing one to me. With one last laugh, he disappears as the door slams loudly.

"That bastard!" I slam my hand on the railing in frustration as I climb up even quicker, ignoring the pain that is shooting up my legs.

"Olivia!" Andrea yells. She finally caught up to me, panting as she wipes the sweat on her forehead.

"Sorry, the nurses were mad-"

"He's up there! He's up there!" I cut her off, pointing towards the highest level of the hospital.

"What? The roof? Liv, are-" I shove her off, completely ignoring her as I begin to take two steps at a time.

I almost lost my balance when I reach the landing as I see what was in front of me. My hand reaches for my chest, as I tried to calm myself.

"Liv, I- WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!" Andrea stood beside me, completely as flabbergasted as I am.

Beside the door to the exit, the wall was covered in writings in blood.

LIV 0-3 ME
WINNER KEEPS ANDY

A shiny object caught my attention just below the writings. With heavy footsteps, I reach out towards it and almost burst out crying.

It's my wedding ring, partly covered in blood.

"What childish, disturbing sh-" Andrea spat, but I couldn't hear the rest as my head starts to spin and my vision becomes blurry.