Old

The night can be just as beautiful as the morning.  You just have to stay up late enough to see it.

    The house was in derbies, the sky filled with black. A young girl at the beginning of the ruins, sitting on her knees. A single hand stretched out from under a few pieces of wall, but the girl knew, no one was waking up.
She sighed,  she really was gunna miss them,  but she had to get away from here first.  She got up on her feet,  turned her back on the ashes and pieces of wall that used to be her home,  and left.
            Her dark midnight hair cascaded down her shoulders,  cut short around mid back.  Her oddly colored eyes, one ice blue, and one silver,  scanned over the area in front of her.  She stretched out her taned hand,  to lift a piece of wall that was in her way.  Her slightly over sized,  bark green jacket hung loosely on her shoulders,  not buttoned up.  Black shorts and boots adorned her.  An old dark tan colored hat rested on her head,  bearing chains and buttons.  A single necklace hung around her neck,  resting bellow her chest.  It was a single golden heart,  with a picture of her and her brother in it. 
            She climbed up a mound of rocks and derbies,  just over it showed her school.  It was in ruins just like the rest of her neighborhood.  It was a Thursday,  there where kids in the school,  along with her brother.  It was a 3 hour delay for her,  due to other students testing,  that was the only reason she was at home.  She walked past the school,  not even caring to check if anyone was alive.  Why would anyone be alive?
         She made her way out of her small neighborhood that she grew up in.  Finding herself near the center of New York.  She didn't really pay attention,  an empty look in her eyes,  keeping everyone away.  A path was cleared for her,  no one wanting to get close to the girl.  She pretended to bump into someone,  reaching into their pocket and pulling out their wallet.  With one hand she grabbed the money from the wallet,  before dropping it on the ground.  To others,  it seemed like the girl accidently bumped into a man,  and the force made his wallet fallout. She stuffed her hand into her jacket picket before anyone saw her with the cash in her hands.  It was the first time she stole,  but not the first time to practice stealing. 
     She made her way until a dinner,  sitting down at a booth that looked out into the streets.  As a watriss came by with a glass of water,  all the girl did was point to what she wanted,  not even looking to the lady.  She drones out all the noise around her,  staring out the window.  Of course no one else seemed to know that her small neighborhood was now in crumbles.  Of course,  because no one else but her and her neighbors cared about it.  A plate with a pancake was placed down in front of her.  She slowly ate it,  then left,  leaving the cash she stole on the table.  The water untouched.
      A small little shutter shook the ground,  the citizens of New York not even noticing it. The different colored eyed girl did though.  Her steps falurured,  her gaze slid over her seroundings,  before she wasn't even there.  Her small feet barely even touched the ground before they where off it again.  She darted around other citizens,  looking for a place to hide.  She darted into an ally way and behind a trash can.  She tucked her head into her knees,  arms braced over her head.  A second shudder cane,  this time much larger,  finally allerting the other people. 
      The girl knew what came next,  she didnt need to hear the screams or the sound of running feet to clarify it.  She didn't need the dust that started to fall off the building and onto her hands to know that it started.  But she did need the silence that came,  to know that something was different.  The shudders didn't stop,  the dust didn't stop,  but the sound stopped.
       The black haired girl stood up,  as she walked to the end of the ally.  There was no peices of rocks or buildings,  no dead bodys.  But,  there was a ship of a sort,  a scary looking ship with purple,  blue,  black,  and red adorning it. There were 9 people standing in front of it,  some hovering off the ground,  but all dressed in weird outfits.  She knew who they where,  they where the avengers.  The superheros that never came to save her family.

      The wind blew,  her hair blowing around her face along with it.  The heros where down,  the ship winning. Then,  the same thing will happen to the rest of new York like her neighborhood.  She tilted her head to the side,  her hair fall in to cover her icy blue colored left eye.  Her silver eye seemingly getting an odd color tint of gold in it.  She took a step forward,  then another.  Each step bringing her closer and closer to the thing the destroyed her home.  Her pace quickened as she went,  till she was standing right infront of the heros.  A blank look on her face as the ship focused its blasters on her.
      "Kid,  move..... Your going to..... Get killed!" The man who was in a red metal suit called out,  trying to get up.  The girl looked back at him,  her silver eye still showing.  A gasp,  bearly audible, was heard from this,  hero.  The blasters fired up,  for one last time.  The midnight black haired girl focused her attention back on the enemy.  A creak was heard,  then a groan,  as the ship was crushed by an invisible force. 
          The kid had her hands clenched,  and her right eyed glowed.  The ship fell,  sending a tremor through the city.  Soon after the strange little girl fell to her knees,  out of breath.  Citizens serounded the girl,  and curious looks on their faces.  The Avengers got up,  sone needing assistance by other heros,  as they too serounded the girl. 

~~~~~~~~
1051 words