"This is Declan Stone," I introduced him to her and he smiles, "Declan, this is my mom."

Declan holds out his hand for her to shake and she shakes her head and as I predicted, crushed him in a hug. She was much shorter than Declan but my mothers hug were killer. Declan took it well, maybe because he was a werewolf, he wrapped his arms around her as well.

She pulled away and smiled up at him, her eyes squinting.

"Definitely a werewolf," she says and my eyes widen.

"What?! How do you—what the fuck," I exclaim loudly.

Declan wasn't as expressive as me but his face showed he was surprised at what my mom said.

"Kai, sweetie, the neighbors are werewolves and I see what their son does. That boy gets on my very last nerves with how he pees in my backyard. I oughta out him to his parents," ma says with annoyance.

I was blinking in shock.

"The Walters are werewolves?!" I exclaim again and my mom slaps my lips.

"You're too damn loud. Yes, boy, now hush and fix my internet while I go and speak with this delicious piece of man you have right here," she says as she takes Declan's hand and leads him out of the office.

He turns around and looks at me with worry and I smile evilly, knowing well that ma is going to force him to try her Lasagna that tasted like shit.

Ramen Noodles became my best friend back when I lived here because ma was incapable of cooking.

Turning back to face her computer, I pressed the on button but the screen remains black. I blink in confusion before looking back at the wires that are connected to her computer. I notice a wire isn't plugged into the outlet and sigh as the only problem was that her computer wasn't plugged in.

Once the cable is plugged back in, I press the on button and it comes on instantly. It's loading for a bit before I see the classic Windows background. Finished with the computer and internet plug up, I leave her office and go down the hall and into the kitchen where I see ma and Declan sitting at the dining table. I look closer and see the scrapbook of pictures of me.

I freak and try to snatch the book away but Declan is faster and holds the book over his head, a smirk on his face.

"Ma! What the fuck!" I yell.

"I'm going to slap your lips in a moment if you don't keep those curse words from slipping out your mouth," she threatens and I groan in annoyance.

Declan drops the book back down but I see him slip a picture into his pocket. I glare at him and he smiles innocently.

"Kai, who is this man to you anyways?" She asks curiously, looking between Declan and I.

"H-he—um, someone I know," I said.

"Someone you know?" She quirks a brow, a suggestive look on her face.

"I'm straight," I say quickly.

Declan snorts.

"This man doesn't turn you on?" She says and I blush and die of embarrassment.

"Ma," I run a hand down my face, "please never say that again."

"What? So you wouldn't suck his—"

"Oh my God," I cut her off quickly, "I fixed your internet, okay?"

"That doesn't answer my question," she crosses her arms, "do you or do you not like this young man, Kaiden."

She says my full name and I go rigid slightly. I hated my full name with a fucking passion and I couldn't help as my I clenched my fist to my side. I told my mom to never call me that again but I never told her why so it was only natural that she let it slip out but memories started filling my mind and I swallowed to keep from exploding because I didn't know what I would do if I exploded on my mom.

"Ms. Coachman, Kai is my mate and he means a lot to me. I'm pretty sure him and I are very exhausted so we'll be heading out now," Declan says as he stands and instantly walks to my side.

He clutches my clenched fist into his hand and I release a shaky breath, his skin on mine relaxing me.

"Oh, of course. I don't mean to keep you," ma stands.

She walks us to the front door and we stand out on the porch.

"Please do come visit again Declan," she says.

"What about me?" I grumble.

"Oh, yeah, sure you too Kai," she looks at me.

"Wow, ma, I'm your son," I feign hurt.

She chuckles and pulls me into a hug that I melt into easily. She rubs my back comfortingly before pulling back and smiling.

"Make sure you both visit me and call me often too, it gets lonely being here all by myself," she says kindly.

My heart clenches at the last bit of what she said because I knew Lyn was the one who hung out with my mom and did things with her despite how bitchy she was. Now that she was gone, my mom was alone and it made me feel like I should stay with her.

"Thanks for having us," Declan responds.

"Thank you for coming," she says happily.

She waves and closes the door.

Declan doesn't question me nor does he say anything. We walk quietly into the woods, the process of taking off clothes and shifting is repeated again and we go home...

In silence.

Fun fact: As you may or may not have noticed, the song in the beginning of every chapter has a correspondence to the chapters potential mood so you can tell what a chapters mood or vibe will be by the song in the beginning.

The more you know, the better.

~xoxo, Babybird.