7: Lindsay

"Why the hell do you have to sit with us? It's bad enough to have to be around you in the first place! And that you are my boyfriend. " I whined, he was sat opposite me giving me a smirk because he knew that I would much rather spend time with an idiot than him.

"Because you are my girlfriend and I think I have the right to sit with her," I raised my eyebrows accusingly. "Fine, one, because it irritates you so much, and two, I think it would be slightly suspicious if I didn't sit with the girl I'm supposedly in a relationship with?"

I sighed before carrying on the conversation we were having before the disruption. "So, Holly, how's Oliver?" I winked at her while her cheeks acquired a rosy blush, something that didn't happen all too often.

"He's literally perfect. Did you know ever since our date, he's somehow gotten a rose into my locker every, single morning. He is the sweetest," she gushed. However, I knew her better than anyone so knew there was something else to it, her grim wasn't quite reaching her eyes and she bit her lip not knowing what to say next.

"But?"

"But he hasn't asked me on another date, it's been over two weeks. All the other guys asked me out like less than a week after. What if he doesn't like me anymore?" Vulnerability leaked out of her voice and I smiled softly.

"Don't even go there." Hunter grimaced. "All I've heard over the past couple of weeks have been stuff along the lines of, 'Should I ask her out again? What if she doesn't like me? Maybe I should wait, She doesn't like clingy guys. Should I ask her now?' And then it went to stuff like 'God I hate liking someone, it's so confusing! And what if this and what if that.'"

I chuckled before Charlie spoke up. "Well if he's not going to do anything, you should. Come on girl, haven't you heard all of that girl power shit? Just do it. The worst he could say is no and considering what Hunter just said he probably won't say that."

"Always the optimist!" I said sarcastically to her. "Go for it Holly, you could be waiting months for him, do it yourself-"

"-Oh Jesus! Just do it! I can't put up with Oliver moaning for however long. He obviously likes you and I'm not sure he will ask you, he's busying freaking out. Anyway he was going through hell to find the guts to actually ask you out, do this for him? Oh and don't tell him I told you this?"

She giggled and nodded. "Okay, I will when is he coming for lunch after football practice?"

"Last week it was quarter to one, so it will probably the same time." I looked at at the clock and realised it was twenty five to and grinned.

"Ten minutes Holly, are you nervous?" Samuel smiled at her with Charlie sat in his arms on his knee. His head rested softly on her shoulder of her leather jacket.

"I don't feel too bad. But I have a few minutes for the nerves to kick in." She grinned back at him. This was actually the most relaxed I'd seen her in a good couple of weeks.

* * *

I heard the clicks and the clacks of her heels before I heard her annoying, squeaky voice and her hideous face. I almost winced at how high her skirt was and how revealing her white, practically see-through top. Never wear a bright pink bra under a white top, it will next be concealed- it's just not possible.

"Okay, I know your game Hunter." Lindsay all but squeaked. Me and Hunter shared a worried glance before turning back to her. "You are only dating her because you wanted to make me jealous. Well, since you went through all this trouble I'm willing to take you back."

I snorted, unladylike I know but I didn't care enough to give a damn. I found this too bloody funny, oh yes Hunter would definitely use a girl to get to Lindsay. I mean who wouldn't? Note the sarcasm.

Hunter glanced at me taking a couple of seconds to find the right way to reply. "I'm sorry Lindsay but I don't like you. And I certainly wouldn't go through all this trouble just to get you back, I could ask and you'd say yes. I hate to break it to you, but you are just a tad desperate."

He put a sympathy face which annoyed her even more and I just stood full on laughing at her desperation for him. She growled at me and I was literally in hysterics, what was she a dog? I got that she had the whole 'bitch' thing going but the characteristics too?

"What are you now, a dog? Oh I'm sorry-" her glare lifted into a confused expression. "-that would be incredibly offensive to dogs." I carried on with a fake smile.

"Seriously, why are you with this bitch, I'm obviously the perfect one for you. I mean look at our similarities; we're both amazingly popular, everyone loves us, everyone is jealous of us. Face it Hunter we are perfect for each other, we were the golden couple for goodness sake!" Lindsay just didn't know when to stop. I would feel sorry for her but she's such a 'bad person' I can't. "This is your last chance to have me, the one who's perfect for you and knows you, over this stupid boyfriend stealer."

I'm sorry Lindsay, I'm with Avery now. You're just going to have to deal with it." He smiled lightly at her desperate attempts to get him back.

"Oh come on, I bet you aren't even dating. Have you been on a date? I don't think so. Have you done anything more than hugging? No." Her voice was getting louder until everyone could hear her. "Let's see. Has anyone here seen them kiss? No one. Everyone's started doubting you're actually dating. How about you guys kiss. Then all of us will believe you."

I was about to begin to object but before I could chants off kiss, kiss, kiss were bouncing off the wall of the cafeteria. I'm surprised none of the dinner ladies cared enough to stop it. Not only that, I was surprised the teachers couldn't hear it in the teachers lounge.

I backed down and sighed, peeking at Hunter in the meantime. He shot me a look saying, I guess we have to. I knew this would happen at sometime, I didn't think sometime would be now... And in front of basically the entire school.

I turned my head towards him and stared him in the eye. His eyes were the colour of a rich chocolate but there was a golden rim circling the pupils, in other words his eyes were stunning. My eyes moved down onto his sharp cheekbones that would mock my own and his strong jawline looked like it was chiselled to perfection by a Greek god. In other words he was incredibly good looking, and I was about to kiss him.

I closed my eyes as his head neared mine. I felt his lips press lightly against mine, as his hands held my face gently, his thumbs resting on my cheeks. I took his waist with my own, not thinking properly about it. His lips were soft but demanding- taking charge immediately, not that I was complaining. His lips tasted like mint and, not that I would ever tell him, I could see why girls gushed about their night with Hunter Matthews, especially if only his kissing made me feel that way. He bit my lip gently with his teeth, nibbling at it softly. And in the cliche manner, all I could have to say would be sparks definitely flew.

After he pulled away, I heard all the whistles and whooping from the football team over the applause that I had ignored during the kiss, or just not heard. When I looked over at Oliver he had his arm rested on Holly's waist and even though he was whistling for us he couldn't keep his adoring eyes off Holly.

So how was it? I'm actually quite happy with it <333 anyway as always

Vote

Comment

Fan :)

Also, not edited.